Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 05:15 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
mm she must have.pity she couldnt have use her tongue to tell you the dangers..
She probably did tell him and like most teeenagers he probably didnt listen or he blew her off thus the spanking(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 05:29 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I was spanked and grew up just fine. I chose not to have children because with discipline being illegal anymore parents have lost the right to raise their kids as they see fit. You want to hug your kid and buy him an ice cream cone after he mouths off to you and slashes your tires or burns the house down? More power to ya; mine would get the beating of his/her life.
Over the top nonsense, all of it.

Slash tires and/or burn the house down and reward with an ice cream cone?
I thought trolling was not allowed on this forum.

Sadly, spanking is still legal in every state so wrong on that as well.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:58 AM

140 posts, read 191,775 times
Not to mention all the rambling about soft parenting is't true.. the majority of parents still spank in the US

Old 01-07-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Over the top nonsense, all of it.

Slash tires and/or burn the house down and reward with an ice cream cone?
I thought trolling was not allowed on this forum.

Sadly, spanking is still legal in every state so wrong on that as well.
So if someone doesnt agree with you that makes them a troll? Yeah that makes sense

Only trolls here are imo those who start s-storm topics like Spanking or Speeding.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
So if someone doesnt agree with you that makes them a troll? Yeah that makes sense

Only trolls here are imo those who start s-storm topics like Spanking or Speeding.
Sorry about your lack of reading comprehension.
Obviously talking about this:
Quote:
You want to hug your kid and buy him an ice cream cone after he mouths off to you and slashes your tires or burns the house down?
One of the most absurd things I have ever read on this forum.

Welcome to my Ignore list.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheInternet View Post
Not to mention all the rambling about soft parenting is't true.. the majority of parents still spank in the US
I couldn't beat up my own flesh and blood. But then again I have a conscience.

No need for me to be a bully to little children who in most cases just need patience. They didn't ask to be born.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:00 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheInternet View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but NO THEY DO NOT. With all of the child-protection laws in the U.S. these days, many parents are frankly scared to lay a finger on them.

You heard about the father who called a Sheriff to supervise him spanking his daughter, right? So she couldn't run back to school the next day and tell the teach "daddy beat me last night.. help!" -- and have the teacher call Child Protection to get her removed from her parents. All for a spanking. This father did it right; to protect his own behind, he called the police station to get someone to come watch and be a witness while he spanked his own daughter just so she couldn't get taken from him over it.

THAT is real. Kids are removed everyday over something as petty as exaggerated stories about spankings. I got a few growing up, but I refuse to spank any kids. All it takes is for them to run to school and stretch the story a teeny-tiny-bit and you'll get thrown under an official investigation by CPS.

No thanks. It's not worth the stress, hassle or potential heart-break.

If you're wise and love your kids, you'll keep your hands to yourself. Spanking is too risky these days. It comes with a VERY serious possible consequence.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:40 AM

Florida Dad Calls Cops So They Could Watch Him Spank His Daughter

Old 01-07-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but NO THEY DO NOT. With all of the child-protection laws in the U.S. these days, many parents are frankly scared to lay a finger on them.

You heard about the father who called a Sheriff to supervise him spanking his daughter, right? So she couldn't run back to school the next day and tell the teach "daddy beat me last night.. help!" -- and have the teacher call Child Protection to get her removed from her parents. All for a spanking. This father did it right; to protect his own behind, he called the police station to get someone to come watch and be a witness while he spanked his own daughter just so she couldn't get taken from him over it.

THAT is real. Kids are removed everyday over something as petty as exaggerated stories about spankings. I got a few growing up, but I refuse to spank any kids. All it takes is for them to run to school and stretch the story a teeny-tiny-bit and you'll get thrown under an official investigation by CPS.

If you're wise and love your kids, you'll keep your hands to yourself. Spanking is too risky these days. It comes with a VERY serious possible consequence.
My sister threatened to call the cops on our Dad with the whole child abuse claims. He handed her the phone and said "Go ahead, but Im going to make damn sure that I actually abuse you before they get here". She smartly did a 180 and went to her room.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post

If you have any links/stories I would be thrilled to read about it.

Good on you for not ever beating up a defenseless child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology