Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:54 PM

603 posts, read 847,173 times

Advertisements

I got a job earlier this week and had orientation earlier today. I have GAD, manic depression, and OCD. After the orientation I started having panic attacks. It was cold and I began sweating profusely, my anxiety went up, I started to get depressed, I felt like vomiting, had a really bad headache, lost my appetite, and I started having suicidal thoughts.

The job I got is me standing in one place for over 9 hours, something I have a hard time doing. I start next Tuesday and don't know what to do.

I want to call my therapist and get admitted into a psych hospital, but I don't know how fast that can happen. Anyone know what I should do?

Old 02-22-2014, 12:15 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikefirefall View Post
I got a job earlier this week and had orientation earlier today. I have GAD, manic depression, and OCD. After the orientation I started having panic attacks. It was cold and I began sweating profusely, my anxiety went up, I started to get depressed, I felt like vomiting, had a really bad headache, lost my appetite, and I started having suicidal thoughts.

The job I got is me standing in one place for over 9 hours, something I have a hard time doing. I start next Tuesday and don't know what to do.

I want to call my therapist and get admitted into a psych hospital, but I don't know how fast that can happen. Anyone know what I should do?
Can you go to an emergency room? They will probably admit you and contact your doctor.

In the meantime, you could put a call into the doctors emergency number.

Have you taken whatever meds if any that you are supposed to be taking?

Try to rein in your thoughts if you can. Take some deep breaths. There is a solution to all of this. You have the ability to find it. Just try to stay calm and focus on getting some help.

If the job is whats causing all this, maybe this is not the job for you. Certainly, no job is worth getting sick over.

It may very well be if you just get yourself to the hospital, tell them your're having a panic attack and get some anti anxiety meds that things will be much clearer by morning.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Can you go to an emergency room? They will probably admit you and contact your doctor.

In the meantime, you could put a call into the doctors emergency number.

Have you taken whatever meds if any that you are supposed to be taking?

Try to rein in your thoughts if you can. Take some deep breaths. There is a solution to all of this. You have the ability to find it. Just try to stay calm and focus on getting some help.

If the job is whats causing all this, maybe this is not the job for you. Certainly, no job is worth getting sick over.

It may very well be if you just get yourself to the hospital, tell them your're having a panic attack and get some anti anxiety meds that things will be much clearer by morning.
I considered going to the emergency room, but wasn't sure what exactly they would do. I emailed my therapist. I just moved out here, so I don't have a primary doctor yet.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:00 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Your well being comes first, so call your therapist. I know you need to work, but with both of these conditions and suicidal thoughts, you need to work on you before you can work for someone else. Get all the help you can and I wish you the best .

Old 02-22-2014, 02:25 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
standing in one place for 9 hrs?? are you a mannequinn?

yes, if you are that squirrely, get some help, something is misfiring..

although the stress of a new job, is a powerful stress,, if its getting better in a few days, you are blowing things way out of proportion,,

every morning, give thanks for 5 things in your life..

Old 02-22-2014, 07:12 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,294,951 times
I would say try working at your new job. Maybe it will work out?

If it does not and let's say you need to go to the ER, then perhaps you will at least have a few hours or a few days pay.

And if the job does work out, then you may wind up with weeks of pay!

Old 02-22-2014, 07:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Well, if you wouldn't call your therapist for this what would you
call your therapist for?
Since I lived with therapists for 24 yrs...my answer is , yes, pls
make a call for advice, honey. Hugs.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:39 AM

I emailed him last night. I don't know his policy on calling him in between sessions.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:03 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikefirefall View Post
I emailed him last night.
I don't know his policy on calling him in between sessions.
Good. He should get it.
I don't know many therapists that do no give their number out as an
emergency number...Ha, they
have very good boundaries! I should have lived wih THEM!

Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good. He should get it.
I don't know many therapists that do no give their number out as an
emergency number...Ha, they
have very good boundaries! I should have lived wih THEM!
I don't know what to do. I finally get a job and then this happens. I don't know if the hospital has people there on the weekends for stuff like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology