Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 04:56 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,996 times

Advertisements

So now male virgins are potential killers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 05:07 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Many men(particularly young guys)base most of if not all their feelings of self worth in how women respond romantically to them.

This guy was well off and it still didnt matter in his eyes because he had no success with females

Old 05-24-2014, 05:11 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
I hate articles like that, they make it sound like every virgin out there is some kind of covert killer when that's not the case.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Many men(particularly young guys)base most of if not all their feelings of self worth in how women respond romantically to them.

This guy was well off and it still didnt matter in his eyes because he had no success with females

you're right and it's not just men btw.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 PM

867 posts, read 909,784 times
Bringing the topic back to the OP, I'm glad zenthropa started the thread. I'm going to be thoroughly honest I stopped posting in the relationship section after repeatedly reading from people who were lamenting they couldn't get a girlfriend. I stopped posting when someone pointed out in another thread, I can't remember what it is, they get no support and only anger from people on this forum. I didn't respond to that thread but I remember thinking that, that was probably accurate and I was guilty of it. So, I stopped responding.

I'm going to be thoroughly honest again. I was tempted for a while to start a thread about how on this forum and others whether guys who can't get dates will end up acting out in some way. My suspicion has kind of always been that these people are a little bit mentally unbalanced. I'm not referring to the regular person who has trouble getting a date, but instead to the person who kind of lives an online lifestyle which includes lamenting about not being able to get a date.

All, I'm trying to write is that I hope when we read these threads in the future we are just a little bit more compassionate or if we are not feeling compassionate that day don't respond.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you're right and it's not just men btw.
I agree...men aren't the only ones condemned for being an older virgin.

I never really understood why people put so much emphasis on having sex by certain age. It's not right. No one should ever have to live their life according to someone else's. That is completely selfish and wrong. This society and it's media preys on the insecure. It's sad.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:19 PM

854 posts, read 1,141,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

I never really understood why people put so much emphasis on having sex by certain age. It's not right. No one should ever have to live their life according to someone else's. That is completely selfish and wrong. This society and it's media preys on the insecure. It's sad.
That's because in reality they are insecure in their own lives.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

I don't get it either and stopped trying to awhile ago. I figure people are more into dating walking STDs with tons of baggage then a virgin with little to no experience, they think it means something 'significant' about that person. I regularly some ridiculous crap about older virgins (which I am one) and it makes me wonder if people actually know one or they go off these type of articles about some wayward societal killer spree.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
You're saying that "nice guys" are like this guy? That is an insult. This was a psychopath. I'm a nice guy who finishes last, and I will NOT be compared to this murderer.
True -- and there are just as many lonely women who wish some guy would love them and don't know why they aren't getting asked out.

This guy was a psychopath. He wasn't looking for real love, he wanted girls to put out for him, he saw them as nothing more than objects -- objects when they didn't give him sex and objects when he gunned them down.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Mental disorders need to be diagnosed in an early stage.Too many getting through.
This guy was apparently diagnosed -- with aspergers autim -- just like Adam Lanza was. It doesn't seem to be an issue of lack of access -- he was another rich kid, given everything money could buy.

I think he was clearly a psychopath-sociopath who viewed people as nothing but objects and killing them was a control thing.

There isn't much that psychiatrists can do for true psychopaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology