Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 02:15 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Look, a 5'4" 180 lb female is not even close to a "7" by definition. Even in today's hefty times.
It may not be to your taste, but look around: There are lots of overweight women who are married or who have partners. I knew this woman who ran around 300 pounds. She had long, gray hair, wore glasses and wore these big mumu dresses flat slipper-type shoes. I came to find out she had TWO husbands, or "spouses" as she referred to them, since what she had isn't legal in New York.

She'd been with one of them for 17 years and then she'd met the other one about 7 years later. They formed what they termed a committed triad. The men were not bisexual, but the three of them owned a house and lived together as a family, and as far as I know, they still do.

That's a very unusual situation, of course. But there are still lots of overweight women who date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 02:16 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I don't know about "the guys that come here lamenting the fact that they can't 'get a female'", but if you are the son of a Hollywood Associate Director and can't manage to get laid, you must be a total loser.

Seriously.
True this. But it's obvious this guy was insane.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I went on dates with one woman who was 6'5" and one who was 6'7".
I'm assuming you are shorter than that! Good on you for not being the sort of person who worries about what people think.

The woman who takes the blood at my doctor's office is 6'5". You can imagine it's weird for me to see a woman taller than I am--doesn't happen very often.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I've never known her to turn a guy down for a date. She did end a relationship with one who was too controlling and she should have ended that one. She just doesn't attract men. Period.
I don't know you or her, but I find it hard to believe that no man has ever been interested.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
True this. But it's obvious this guy was insane.
Really. If he had met a woman, he might have ended up killing her because she used the wrong detergent or something.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Look, a 5'4" 180 lb female is not even close to a "7" by definition. Even in today's hefty times.
Depends on the woman. I know hot women of all physical types.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:21 PM

589 posts, read 639,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It may not be to your taste, but look around: There are lots of overweight women who are married or who have partners. I knew this woman who ran around 300 pounds. She had long, gray hair, wore glasses and wore these big mumu dresses flat slipper-type shoes. I came to find out she had TWO husbands, or "spouses" as she referred to them, since what she had isn't legal in New York.

She'd been with one of them for 17 years and then she'd met the other one about 7 years later. They formed what they termed a committed triad. The men were not bisexual, but the three of them owned a house and lived together as a family, and as far as I know, they still do.

That's a very unusual situation, of course. But there are still lots of overweight women who date.

That doesn't make her a 7. A woman who's a foot shorter than me and weighs the same is not a 7.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's a bit of a hyperbole, isn't it? Are you saying that thugs and jerks are the only guys who are having sex or finding relationships? Yeah, there are damaged women who are attracted to damaged men (and vice versa,) but there are also many more regular average women who are married to and dating and sleeping with regular, average men.

This is where guys hanging out in the echo chambers of the internet lose. It's easier to whine online about being "Involuntarily celibate" rather than actually work on being the kind of guy a woman would be happy to be with. Or at least being the kind of man who lives a rich and full and happy life even if he's not getting laid on the regular.
I agree with most of what you said......but for a healthy male, the bolded is an oxymoron.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:24 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Tighten the gun laws vs kissing the virgins....?

Guess which one I'm going for?
Kissing the virgins, obviously. Make love not war!

Old 05-26-2014, 02:27 PM

774 posts, read 907,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Man or woman? Who is more likely to like someone who is "different" looking BUT become intimidated and give up because his/her family, friends, co-workers, neighbors wouldn't understand the attraction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology