Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 07:13 AM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I find it hilarious that OP automatically assumes women are sexual only with men. Note to OP: Some of us don't swing that way
Why would it matter which way you swing, the effect or end result is the same. We are all varying degrees of masculinity and femininity. Where I write 'he' read 'he/she' and where I write 'husband' read 'partner', I have no problem with that. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 08:14 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What, in your opinion, makes someone have sexual expertise?
Practice. Practice with a partner and practice alone. But practice at your own pace, not for the prospect of keeping someone, but because you like it.
This includes women who keep from doing whatever due to beliefs telling them doing so and so is wrong. If you tell them they should do something that their culture frowns upon because otherwise they'll have difficulties keeping a partner, they won't do it because they like it (And therefore they might not even learn a thing about their bodies) they're doing it as a necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If I was going to be in a relationship with a woman of this opinion, then it WOULD be my business as my future happiness is my business - just as your future happiness is your business.
But you're not going to be in a relationship with every woman reading this thread. They've already told you, yeah? That this might not have been the best place to open a thread like this. I agree.

If you ever get into a relationship with a woman that doesn't do certain things, you talk to her, figure a way to accomodate everyone's needs, and if that's not possible, then you get out of that relationship.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:05 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post

I think the disconnect is that most women are more in tune with who they are than in any point in history. And I think the OP just has a skewed anecdotal experience that he's projecting onto a certain group of women??? I don't really know.

Sadly I think the OP is trying to "help" but doesn't recognize some of the nuances of the topic.
Exactly.

Yes, please, let's keep using Henry VIII as an example for relationships.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:56 PM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
But you're not going to be in a relationship with every woman reading this thread. They've already told you, yeah? That this might not have been the best place to open a thread like this. I agree.
I guess there will always be folks who dont like discussing things which make them feel uncomfortable and who do not want to examine the issues. This thread has already been moved from Relationships to Psychology, so where should it go then?

I suppose in some people's opinions, that it is not a "propoer" topic for CD so there are now in your opinion things which can be discussed and things which are too personal to be in any forum. That totally smacks of nineteenth century prudishness.

Quote:
If you ever get into a relationship with a woman that doesn't do certain things, you talk to her, figure a way to accomodate everyone's needs, and if that's not possible, then you get out of that relationship.
"Everyone's needs" are so diverse, do you really think you would be able to come to an arrangement? It sounds to me as if one party would be totally doing (or not doing) something they felt uncomfortable with. Anyway, thanks for the advice [/sarcasm]...and that is what I was saying, to avoid all the heartache of dumping a relationship later, we need to establish the base line before it starts.

But, lets not talk about it it eh?

Old 12-27-2015, 08:07 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Exactly.

Yes, please, let's keep using Henry VIII as an example for relationships.
I just snarfed my tea. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology