Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 07:49 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times

Advertisements

I hope you know what I mean here, trying to keep it PG13.

I know from experience that being in touch with your body really adds to the potential for a successful and fullfilling love life. However, there are certain cultures which do not promote this and some actively discourage it. For some cultures such as the one I am currently living in, it is just the way the educational system works.

My experience is that adult women who do not and have not learned about their body as a young woman, do not want to learn when they become older. In practical terms many of these women have not explored the physical and sensual parts of being a woman. They are not aware of the wonderful way their body can give pleasure to themselves and men. They are missing a whole world of experience which may be something really valuable to share in a relationship.

For people who have been brought up to treat their body as an integral part of their whole being, and who are more in touch with themselves, this is no surprise and what I am saying is obvious, but unless you have come across this phenomena, you really do not appreciate how much it can mess up a relationship. There are whole cultures and sections of society where physically touching yourself in a way which evokes a pleasurable sensation is not just discouraged but actively frowned apon.

Those who have been taught to ignore the pleasure aspect and to focus on the practical, I would say can only give a clinical and bordering-on-boring experience. It can mean that women who have this attitude to their body lie like a 'wet fish' and show no interest in the physical side of relationships.

So what I want to do in this thread is to discuss this and also to urge young women to get to know their body well because if they dont, then it will be harder for them to give and receive pleasure in a relationship. Men often need to know what women like in the bedroom, but if they themselves do not know, how can they communicate that to their partners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 08:02 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
You picked the wrong venue for your message, OP. There are no women here who aren't in touch with their bodies. Maybe you need to go on the lecture circuit into the schools in the more conservative regions, or start a newspaper column, or petition the US Surgeon General to mandate better sex-ed. Actually, that was kind of tried under one of the Surgeons General, who openly advocated that young people masturbate. It didn't go over well.

Good luck

Old 12-23-2015, 08:24 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Personally I really don't care to be.

But like Ruth said...wrong place.

Write a blog.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I agree ... wrong place to battle 5,000 years of ancient culture.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:30 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
I don't know what you're talking about.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Kamasutra isle 3.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:50 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
You picked the wrong venue for your message, OP. There are no women here who aren't in touch with their bodies. Maybe you need to go on the lecture circuit into the schools in the more conservative regions, or start a newspaper column, or petition the US Surgeon General to mandate better sex-ed. Actually, that was kind of tried under one of the Surgeons General, who openly advocated that young people masturbate. It didn't go over well.
This is an interesting response. Why is the forum PG13 if we are not supposed to bring up subjects like this for discussion? There certainly ARE communities in the USA which discourage women from learning about their bodies and to say there are not women from these communities on CD seems to have a slightly unusual and possibly blinkered approach to real life.

If you are saying that the topic will attract polarised discussion, then that may be the case, but I really do not see why this is the wrong place for a topic like this. If folks dont want to talk about it, then there is even more reason to discuss it and get it out in the open. 5000 years of culture is not going to be changed overnight I agree but at least allow the subject to be discussed.

In introducing the thread, I have to try to get people to think about the subject and I am sorry if it appeard to be a 'lecture'. I did not intend that.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:33 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default Really good comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I hope you know what I mean here, trying to keep it PG13.

I know from experience that being in touch with your body really adds to the potential for a successful and fullfilling love life. However, there are certain cultures which do not promote this and some actively discourage it. For some cultures such as the one I am currently living in, it is just the way the educational system works.

My experience is that adult women who do not and have not learned about their body as a young woman, do not want to learn when they become older. In practical terms many of these women have not explored the physical and sensual parts of being a woman. They are not aware of the wonderful way their body can give pleasure to themselves and men. They are missing a whole world of experience which may be something really valuable to share in a relationship.

For people who have been brought up to treat their body as an integral part of their whole being, and who are more in touch with themselves, this is no surprise and what I am saying is obvious, but unless you have come across this phenomena, you really do not appreciate how much it can mess up a relationship. There are whole cultures and sections of society where physically touching yourself in a way which evokes a pleasurable sensation is not just discouraged but actively frowned apon.

Those who have been taught to ignore the pleasure aspect and to focus on the practical, I would say can only give a clinical and bordering-on-boring experience. It can mean that women who have this attitude to their body lie like a 'wet fish' and show no interest in the physical side of relationships.

So what I want to do in this thread is to discuss this and also to urge young women to get to know their body well because if they dont, then it will be harder for them to give and receive pleasure in a relationship. Men often need to know what women like in the bedroom, but if they themselves do not know, how can they communicate that to their partners.
I went to Catholic school..... I get it . I 100 % agree. I totally think this is a good thread. The world gives women very conflicting messages about sexuality, but with age and experiences many women start to get it.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:05 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Ha.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:48 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,233 times
A lot of women aren't aware of their own body's potential. They think they have experienced the ultimate, but many haven't. But that's where you can make a difference that immortalizes you. She will never forget about the man who taught her.....Instead of dwelling on why someone isn't as aware/open/boring, why don't you take it upon yourself to teach her how to enjoy? Gain her trust so that she is able to let go and truly enjoy her potential. Not only will you improve the strength and intimacy of your relationship with her, you also unlock the door for her future lovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology