Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 12:40 AM

199 posts, read 295,406 times

Advertisements

Is it me or do most people just always whine and complain about something so small?
Today i heard a couple people ***** about
Oh my lord its raining so much can it stop?
I hate gettin wet
Then theres **** omg traffic i hate traffic
Then someone say oh woe is me i dont get paid well enough
And than someone else

Saying no these in n out burgers are not good mcdonalds is better.
I hate my neighbors
Boy are we as humans always finding something to complain about?
The only thing i complain about today is how some people can be dumb to drive like maniacs while theres heavy rain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 05:08 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,078,732 times
Same reason people complain about other people on CD.

Some just aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

The odd thing is that I used to get criticized for being 'happy' at work! Coworkers would chide me with, "Why are so happy? It's irritating!!" Can't win for losing sometimes.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,692,323 times
Weren't you the one who was complaining about people noting poor grammar and spelling on the forums?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:34 AM

45,566 posts, read 60,834,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Weren't you the one who was complaining about people noting poor grammar and spelling on the forums?

Yep. Also having trouble finding a job which would be 9-5 with weekends off so she could spend the weekend with her boyfriend.

Apparently she found that job. Hopefully the boyfriend appreciates being catered to.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:26 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,821,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Same reason people complain about other people on CD.

Some just aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

The odd thing is that I used to get criticized for being 'happy' at work! Coworkers would chide me with, "Why are so happy? It's irritating!!" Can't win for losing sometimes.
hahaha true, I remember a girl at work being irritated by me and asking why I never moaned... I smiled went away and thought I was a bit weird..

Old 01-07-2016, 07:52 AM

5 posts, read 4,485 times
I think it is that way because some people just aren't happy enough with life they have. Lack of endorphines in blood, that stuff

Old 01-07-2016, 08:10 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,190,835 times
when things are going fairly well many people "need" to complain because little annoyances are more obvious.

When bigger (bad) things are taking up your headspace not so much room for little stupid stuff.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
People that have no center, thus, their minds flip all over
out of control say the things they think.
The issue is, indeed, that they spread their negativity and obvious discontent...
but, the real issue is their lack of recognizing the hold the egoic mind has on them.
They need help...but, ya can't really give it unless you are their friend and do
it with love ---or they ask for it.

I was such a person once...it is an unpleasant thing to be that person...such unhappiness
and complaining inside that is hard to hide....blaming
everything 'else' as the cause of things not 'being right' in ME!

BUT, I did IT! I practice Thought Control...not much to control anymore...the lower ego self
is actually pretty easy to put a leash on.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:36 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,103,544 times
Things like ambient weather and traffic simply 'are'.

We are completely free to feel, think, and respond to them however suits us.

Some people complain about things that cannot be changed. I give them short shrift and take the conversation elsewhere.

"This weather is too @!*&^ing cold"

"It's January. Thank heavens for goretex and microfiber. Technology is amazing! Just think, thousands of tiny fibers trapping warm air... "

Then they can either take up the hint to talk about new technology, or they can stew in their own juices.

I've taken my own mind into a place of gratitude and wonder.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:44 AM

1,485 posts, read 1,233,634 times
Because misery loves company!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology