Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 10:01 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantress View Post
I wish my house was smaller so I wouldn't have to clean so much
You have missed the entire point of the conversation - 1st world problems.

What you *could* have said was, I wish I could afford a maid service so I wouldn't have to worry about keeping my big <expletive deleted> house clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 10:05 AM

524 posts, read 843,554 times
I hear unexplained noises coming from the kitchen but don't want to know what they are, why can't they just stop?

Old 11-03-2016, 10:07 AM

524 posts, read 843,554 times
First world problem: I have not mastered the correct tone or presentation of my thoughts for a thread on city data about first world problems.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:16 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
The butler takes too long to brush out my fur-lined drapes each morning. (How awful would that be? Fur-lined drapes was the worst thing I could think of. It also sounds like a horrible euphemism.)

Old 11-03-2016, 12:04 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
At our farmers' market last spring, I picked up two small house plants planted in moss balls. I've used them as a centerpiece on my dining room table all summer. Now that fall is here, I need to find them a different home. I found small containers for them and put them in a window of the dining area. But, to water them without dropping water on the wood floor is proving to be problematical. I suppose I'll gave to put an old towel down on the floor every time I water--which is about twice a week.
i just watered them again today, and I am impressed with how they are doing in the narrow windowsill. I put them in pebbles in shallow containers, and placed other rocks around them. I think I made a nice display. When we have sun they seem to look happy. I am not putting liquid fertilizer in the water again until early Spring, however.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
The butler takes too long to brush out my fur-lined drapes each morning. (How awful would that be? Fur-lined drapes was the worst thing I could think of. It also sounds like a horrible euphemism.)
Sounds like a very handy butler.

<The rest has been removed for violating PG-13 standards>

Old 11-03-2016, 03:32 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Sounds like a very handy butler.

<The rest has been removed for violating PG-13 standards>
I have a real knack for making everything sound filthy, for some reason. I probably should wash my mouth out with soup. (I don't like soap. It tastes icky.)

Old 11-03-2016, 06:11 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I have a real knack for making everything sound filthy, for some reason. I probably should wash my mouth out with soup. (I don't like soap. It tastes icky.)
Hopefully the drapes match the carpet.

My problem today is that I got groceries and the refrigerator is too full.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hopefully the drapes match the carpet.

My problem today is that I got groceries and the refrigerator is too full.
You need to move to a bigger house.

See if you can follow my logic here...

Problem: Refrigerator is too small.
Answer: But a bigger refrigerator

Problem: Refrigerator dominates the kitchen.
Answer: Renovate the kitchen

Problem: Kitchen renovation makes the rest of the house look small.
Answer: Move to a bigger house (verifying your new refrigerator fits, of course).

If you just skip to the end...just think about the amount of money I've saved you!

Old 11-04-2016, 08:55 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,165,661 times
I spent over an hour reading up on how to launder a down-filled duvet/comforter. Many sites had just copied and pasted their content from other sites, so it was time-consuming to find original articles. But I like to read a lot of different ones, then compile them all in my head and take what seems like the best or most efficient from all. Couldn't believe how long I ended up spending on what seemed fascinating at the time. A particular waste of time given that I no longer even HAVE down-filled duvets in my house. 90 minutes of my life I can never have back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology