Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 09:32 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,802 times

Advertisements

All my nice warm comfy housecoats have big long flared sleeves for some reason. This means if I want to trapse around the kitchen doing this and that, before getting dressed, my sleeves get in the way of everything. Not to mention the danger factor of being set alight if they catch on a stove burner. I suppose its the one thing that forces me to get dressed, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 09:59 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is so exhausting.

I'll tell you what else is exhausting. Amazon is great - except when you're mailing a gift to someone else. If it is going to a different address, they make you RE ENTER YOUR COMPLETE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION even though you are logged into your own account.

The struggle is real.
Ugh! You can't even do "buy with one click"??? I can't imagine how we lived when we actually had to DRIVE to STORES!

Old 12-12-2016, 02:09 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Ugh! You can't even do "buy with one click"??? I can't imagine how we lived when we actually had to DRIVE to STORES!
My crazy brother doesn't have a checking account. So he wants my mom to WIRE HIM VIA WALMART some money for Christmas. This would entail a trip to the very bowels of hell in my opinion, and of course my mother is oblivious to this because she just expects me to do it. I've got news for her. She's the one who wants to send him money (and he doesn't have a checking account so she can't just send him a check). So I am going to make her go with me to send him Christmas money via the customer service line at WalMart during Christmas.

What is wrong with people?

I think I'm going to tell him that if we're going to go that archaic, maybe he needs to go pan for gold out in the creek out back.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:56 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,114 times
I've been wrapping presents, and the edge of the scotch tape either keeps getting stuck back on the roll, which is really really annoying, or tears down the middle into strips. If I try to cut it with scissors it sticks to the scissors, then to my fingers, and then it doesn't stick on the paper so good anymore. Maybe next year I should give out gift cards?

Old 12-13-2016, 06:50 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynaragon View Post
my crazy brother doesn't have a checking account. So he wants my mom to wire him via walmart some money for christmas. This would entail a trip to the very bowels of hell in my opinion, and of course my mother is oblivious to this because she just expects me to do it. I've got news for her. She's the one who wants to send him money (and he doesn't have a checking account so she can't just send him a check). So i am going to make her go with me to send him christmas money via the customer service line at walmart during christmas.

I think i'm going to tell him that if we're going to go that archaic, maybe he needs to go pan for gold out in the creek out back.
best post ever

Old 12-16-2016, 08:30 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Quote:
My crazy brother doesn't have a checking account. So he wants my mom to WIRE HIM VIA WALMART some money for Christmas. This would entail a trip to the very bowels of hell in my opinion, and of course my mother is oblivious to this because she just expects me to do it. I've got news for her. She's the one who wants to send him money (and he doesn't have a checking account so she can't just send him a check). So I am going to make her go with me to send him Christmas money via the customer service line at WalMart during Christmas.

I think I'm going to tell him that if we're going to go that archaic, maybe he needs to go pan for gold out in the creek out back.
I have made it my mission to avoid Walmart at all costs. Until the past week, it had been more than a year since my wife dragged me, kicking and screaming, into one.

Unfortunately, we were away from home, traveling and Walmart was the only choice in the small town we were spending the night. As it turned out, we went into that particular Walmart the night we stayed and had to venture in again the next morning.

Two days later, we are both sick with nasty colds.

My boycott is now at six days and counting...

Old 12-16-2016, 10:26 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
Do you want to hear the weirdest First World Problem?

The other night I had to go into Walgreens to pick up prescriptions for my husband. He is post surgical with complications, so my nerves were fairly jangled that evening.

I walk into Walgreens and this little old man comes dashing up to me, places both of his hands on my shoulders and before I can even react, he starts moving toward me like he plans to plant a huge kiss on me. Then he sings... very loudly... into my surprised face. It sounded something like, "Oooooh nnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!" I was taken aback, but extricated myself from the strange guy and moved toward the pharmacy.

At the pharmacy counter, I was informed that they had no medications for my husband. I assured them that it should have been called in earlier in the day by the surgical staff. They assured me that they had nothing there.

I spent a half hour on the phone with various nurses, one of whom advised me to "walk back in there with my chest puffed out and with high self esteem." I questioned her as to what that had to do with anything and she said, "Oh, I thought you were nervous about walking back into the store for the second time." Really? No, I'm not nervous about having to go back into the store a second time, but thanks for the psychological pep talk.

I went in again and there's Andy The Checkout Guy who apparently just started working there. First he informed me that they had no prescriptions for my husband. Another checkout person heard and yelled, "Andy, they just called them in" so he went "in search of" the medications while I stood there, worrying about my husband being home alone and needing medication. Andy finally found the two prescriptions and came back to the checkout, looking triumphant. He accidentally voided the transaction. He looked at me and said, "Ooops. Sorry 'bout that." And then we stood, staring awkwardly at one another while waiting for someone with authority to come and "fix" the register. Then I got to interact with a giggly pharmacist who assured me that she had taken this very same antibiotic just weeks ago and it's "really good."
Sitting on the nearby chairs was a woman who was berating her wailing child, telling the child to clean up her face. She pinched her arm and told her to shut up.

As I was leaving the store with my pulse pounding in my ears (and medications grasped in my very tightly clenched fist,) I was startled by a woman in the vestibule playing the flute. She hit a high note as I was walking through the door and I nearly farted in her flute hole, I was so surprised. I think I yelled, "Gaaaaaah!" The other guy standing there, ringing the bell, waiting for donations, yelled, "Merry Christmas!" at me and I yelled, "Gaaaah" again because he'd escaped my attention the first time.

What a first world country we live in where even escaped monkeys can get a job at Walgreens and flautists are free to tootle up a storm in frozen vestibules, greeting the sick and crabby folks who just want their medications. But at least I could pay with a debit card and got my pills in a fancy bottle, so there's that.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:04 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:

Tell her to just send him cash in the mail. To avoid it being stolen send $1 - $5 increments separately. that way if one or two get swiped, it is no great loss. She could also send via Fed Ex or UPS and insure it.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Was shopping online yesterday for Christmas, and I was appalled, APPALLED, at how many online retailers don't accept Paypal. Don't they know that I then had to walk all the way upstairs to get my purse to get out my credit card, and then walk all the way back to the computer??!!!
God Bless the ones that take Paypal!
OMG, I hate this too! Especially when I am at work and trying to get in on concert or event ticket pre-sales and I have a meeting! It obviously looks suspicious if you are bringing your wallet to the meeting.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
All my nice warm comfy housecoats have big long flared sleeves for some reason. This means if I want to trapse around the kitchen doing this and that, before getting dressed, my sleeves get in the way of everything. Not to mention the danger factor of being set alight if they catch on a stove burner. I suppose its the one thing that forces me to get dressed, though.
YES! And then they fall down to your elbows making you cold when you are moving around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology