Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 07:57 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times

Advertisements

Someone let the train keep running last night during a tornado watch. Don't they know that's inconsiderate and scary to people who are listening for the train sound of a tornado coming?

I was already stressed out because my weather radio wouldn't talk to me and tell me what was happening. Then I was stuck listening to the crazed weather people at 3AM to find out exactly where the storm was. Why do they seem so happy over really bad weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 08:04 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If her flags are not divided evenly on both ends of the lawn I would have to fix that so the lawn does not look lopsided (it's a whole OCD thing).

Or just put some controversial flags out there (on her side) until its all even.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:20 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I was already stressed out because my weather radio wouldn't talk to me and tell me what was happening. Then I was stuck listening to the crazed weather people at 3AM to find out exactly where the storm was. Why do they seem so happy over really bad weather.
I can never rely on the weather people to tell me where exactly a storm is, I always look it up online.

One of the weather men, who always seems to be at the station when there's bad weather, likes to talk obsessively about the height of the storm and the elevation of the clouds. I have never once heard him give any explanation on what it all means. Are clouds at a high elevation bad?! Are we all going to get sucked up into a giant tornado vortex in the sky? Why can't my weatherman just give me the weather in simple terms?!

Old 01-17-2016, 08:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
My neighbor has a first world problem, thanks to my husband. She lives next to us (condos) on a corner lot (we share a driveway). My husband clipped the corner too close and moved the rock that was at the edge (placed there because the newspaper deliverer would drive all over the lawn) a couple inches, exposing dirt and yes, a little mud, at the edge of "her" lawn (it's really not her lawn---it's a condo, so common property outside). She called us up to chew us out and placed a dozen small American flags in the area.
Would it be considered unpatriotic if you accidentally run over a miniature American flag?

Old 01-17-2016, 09:31 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
My neighbor has a first world problem, thanks to my husband. She lives next to us (condos) on a corner lot (we share a driveway). My husband clipped the corner too close and moved the rock that was at the edge (placed there because the newspaper deliverer would drive all over the lawn) a couple inches, exposing dirt and yes, a little mud, at the edge of "her" lawn (it's really not her lawn---it's a condo, so common property outside). She called us up to chew us out and placed a dozen small American flags in the area.

Thanks for starting this thread! I feel better now that I have acknowledged that I am married to Evil Kenevil who drives all over neighbor's lawns, resulting in untold heartache and trauma for them.
Your neighbor has a serious first world problem, doesn't she?

I am old now and unashamed at loving revenge. What I have learned by your post, is that now you know how easy it is to irritate your beotchy neighbor...

Knowledge is power.

I'm thinking a night raid is in order, so that when she wakes up, there are flags spread out all over her lawn...

"What? Really? You're kidding! Someone moved all your flags all over your lawn? Huh."

Old 01-17-2016, 10:36 PM

99,561 posts, read 4,491,552 times
I love spaghetti and I'm planning to eat spaghetti for dinner 2 nights in a row this week. However, I'm feeling guilty about it and think I should eat something different on one of those nights.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:49 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,597,880 times
When will Game of Thrones wrap up? Will Ari be a senior in college playing a 10 year old yet?

Old 01-18-2016, 02:58 AM

161 posts, read 136,971 times
Default To Cityduck

Might you be undercover here, when you're actually Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory??

Old 01-18-2016, 03:20 AM

Default Ugh

Went to the store to get my favorite mascara and found that they either discontinued it or changed the packaging. How many mascara's can they make anyway as I stand here looking at 30 kinds of the brand I like.

Why do they always have to rearrange the stuff in a store when I'm in a hurry??

Old 01-18-2016, 03:30 AM

Default Thanks for the funny thread

Went to the grocery store yesterday and spent $150 on food. What a pain to carry it into the house and put it all away!!

Opened the fridge today, found nothing interesting to eat, and went out for pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology