Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 02:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

I had cataract surgery last week and they removed the cataract in my left eye so I won't go blind, and replaced the lens with a lens that means I can also see without trifocals anymore.

But until my other eye is worked on next week and that cataract also removed, I have very disparate vision in both eyes, and my two eyes are not working well together.

Back in the day I guess I would have just gone blind rather than leaving the eye doctor and heading for a restaurant and being immediately able to read the small print on the menu without glasses.

The downside is that between my deductible and the co pay, I am out over $10,000. The upside is that I did have that and paid it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 03:30 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times
^^^^ Feel better soon, Kathryn.

My refrigerator is no longer operational. I am tired of eating out, so I am using a cooler to get by. The new refrigerator won't be here until the end of March.

I just got my tax return back from my accountant. I owe a ton of money.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
^^^^ Feel better soon, Kathryn.

My refrigerator is no longer operational. I am tired of eating out, so I am using a cooler to get by. The new refrigerator won't be here until the end of March.

I just got my tax return back from my accountant. I owe a ton of money.
I am so sorry. I still haven't finished our taxes, because we always have to pay more and it's depressing. Pretty sure our accountant is hating on me as I type this.

I am also sorry about your fridge. When we had our kitchen remodeled, our fridge sat out on the patio for a month. My toaster and microwave and coffee maker sat on the dining room table. We ate off paper plates because we had to wash any dishes we used in the bathroom. My life sucked for a whole month.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Streaming TV service raises prices AGAIN.
I woke up to low humidity in the house this morning.
I can't decide if we should eat salmon or corn beef for dinner tonight.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am so sorry. I still haven't finished our taxes, because we always have to pay more and it's depressing. Pretty sure our accountant is hating on me as I type this.

I am also sorry about your fridge. When we had our kitchen remodeled, our fridge sat out on the patio for a month. My toaster and microwave and coffee maker sat on the dining room table. We ate off paper plates because we had to wash any dishes we used in the bathroom. My life sucked for a whole month.
Good luck on your taxes.

It is funny how reliant we are on the convenience comforts that we often take for granted until they are no longer available for use. My dishwasher is now acting up. I should be grateful because both appliances are 17 years old, but I hate spending money on appliances.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:40 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
So my bike got stolen from my apartment building a few weeks ago. I am in the process of scoping the stuff for a replacement. I decided I should go all in on what I was considering as an unnecessary but amazing 40th b-day gift to myself last year. I have tentatively decided and the whole thing would come together around June 1.

So anyway, that’s the context. While researching bike tracking devices to layer on to my security plan, I found a GPS lock on pre-order. It said “shipping in May.â€

Didn’t want it to be sold out when my bike was ready so I ordered. And today I got a shipping notice for the lock. Over 6 weeks early.

Do I return and reorder? Keep it? Its the one time I wont mind if a package is lost in the mail.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:09 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Autocorrect won't get the word right, if I don't know to spell a word I'll take a stab at it as I'm typing along and if it doesn't get it right I'll got back and take another stab and if still doesn't get it right I'll go a couple more rounds.

I mean come on people, we're living in modern times, how close to right do I have to be???? Ain't the damn software capable of reading minds yet???

Old 03-17-2019, 07:39 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Had my nails done yesterday. My regular nail tech left so I was given to one of the others. She did a horrible job on my nails. Left them too long, filed them in ovals instead of squovals and left rough edges. I didn't even like the color I chose once it was on. I usually bring my own but forgot yesterday. I didn't notice this while I was there because I didn't have my reading glasses on and without them I can't see anything close up anymore.

So I get home, take a good look at them and grab my file and buffer. Then I removed the nail polish and decided to use my green St. Patrick's Day polish at least for a few days.

Now I have to find another place and technician and I'm very picky about my hair and my nails. :-(

Old 03-18-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Good luck on your taxes.

It is funny how reliant we are on the convenience comforts that we often take for granted until they are no longer available for use. My dishwasher is now acting up. I should be grateful because both appliances are 17 years old, but I hate spending money on appliances.
I feel your pain. Guess what my husband and I had to buy yesterday? A SHOP VAC. Because our old one died on us. A SHOP VAC. Wet/dry. Ten gallon capacity. I am so informed about these now but I just can't get excited about it.

And I still haven't done our taxes.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:25 PM

218 posts, read 241,865 times
The fridge is full, the freezer is full, the pantry is full, I am hungry, and "THERE IS NOTHING TO EAT"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology