Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

We had friends over for July 4th, and we have too much leftover food to fit in the fridge. Couldn't decide whether to freeze it, but potato salad doesn't freeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 08:53 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I know, pretty bad. I was actually thinking to myself, Why am I watching this?? These broadcasts are not compelling entertainment in your own city, even on the best of days. I did learn a couple of things, though. And I was rooting for the townfolk who were voicing their concerns. It's also a good study of different personalities and how they deal with matters and put forth their arguments.

Lol, omg, I need a life.

I feel like I should give you a hug.

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-07-2019, 01:18 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Why exactly do people like huge windows in their bedrooms? Do people enjoy being blinded by the sun at 5am every single day?

Even on weekends I've been having to go to bed early if I hope to get more than 4 hrs of sleep.

It's too hot for sleeping eye masks, curtains/shades/window treatments are forbidden by the landlord, so I get blinded awake every bloody morning.

And it seems like every apartment nowadays has the giant floor to ceiling windows in the bedrooms with crap white blinds that barely help.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
OK so here was our Fourth of July - which was actually perfect in a quiet sort of way:

First of all, I donned my favorite July 4 T shirt, which says, "Happy Treason Day, ungrateful Colonists" with the Union Jack flag on it. Then I made the grocery list because we were meeting some friends out at a local city park, and we were bringing guacamole and some chips and all that, supposedly to meet at around 6 pm to hang out and stuff our faces till the fireworks, which do tend to be excellent - but OMG the traffic!

Well, about 4 pm our friends message us and tell us that the husband still has a cold (which he had several days ago) but he should "be alright because we are going to be outside." OK. No. My husband has to leave for two weeks and the last thing he needs is a cold. And also, I just don't want one myself either.

But most importantly - hell, we didn't want to go hang out in the freaking Texas heat for four hours anyway, and fight traffic, and eat tons of terrible food.

So my husband and I decided to just stay ourselves AT THE HOUSE in the AC! Suddenly everything became hopeful and happy again! We stayed home, drank wine spritzers with fresh mint in them, and watched the History channel which had specials about all this cool stuff about the Revolutionary War - and we had a fantastic time!

Oh and I immediately took my bra off the very second we decided to stay home - and that always makes things better.

It was great, one of the best Fourths I've ever had in fact.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:24 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,803 times
I'm sitting in the dark because I don't feel like saying words. I'd have to tell Google to turn on the lights and I just don't feel like doing it.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:08 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
I'm sitting in the dark because I don't feel like saying words. I'd have to tell Google to turn on the lights and I just don't feel like doing it.
Get the clapper

Old 07-08-2019, 10:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Get the clapper
But...to clap when one doesn't feel like it...ugh.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:26 PM

218 posts, read 241,865 times
Not me, but my son and daughter-in-law. They have one of those fancy door knobs that can be unlocked using their phone. (even from across town) The only problem is that if left alone with door closed for too long it locks itself. Saturday evening they were in the yard playing with the kids, and forgot the door. They found themselves not only locked out, but all keys and their cell phones were INSIDE the house. While my son and grandson, waited at home DIL and granddaughter got a neighbor to drive them to my house (couldn't remember my phone #, it was in their phones LOL). I took them home and unlocked the door. First thing my son did when he got his phone, was to order a key rock for the yard. Glad I don't have such a smart door knob.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:11 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
I went to pick up lunch. Mine: a chicken sandwich.
Them: Do you want cheese on that?
Me: Yes, please.

I get the food. Bring it home. Everything else as ordered. My sandwich? You guessed it. No cheese. Cheese wasn't even my idea. Did I get charged for it. Of course. Too hot out, 93°F versus cool and comfortable at home 72°F, and "oh, well, you can't win 'em all" to go up there and tell them about it.

So here I am. I've been cheese-swindled.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:13 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I went to pick up lunch. Mine: a chicken sandwich.
Them: Do you want cheese on that?
Me: Yes, please.

I get the food. Bring it home. Everything else as ordered. My sandwich? You guessed it. No cheese. Cheese wasn't even my idea. Did I get charged for it. Of course. Too hot out, 93°F versus cool and comfortable at home 72°F, and "oh, well, you can't win 'em all" to go up there and tell them about it.

So here I am. I've been cheese-swindled.
At least it would have been Kosher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology