Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 07:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I find their new "Go Commando" commercials even worse.

They start off by talking about how the ripples allow you to pick up more... "layers". Layers?! Like the person hasn't wiped themselves or showered in months, so they are now wiping up layers of their body fluid? Then at the end they come out of the bathroom with their dirty used underwear in a bag, why?

And just the whole nastiness that people apparently don't know how to properly wipe themselves, and their underwear is only there to keep body fluids from getting onto their clothes. Its just gross.

Why can't we go back to the days where Charmin was about being squeezable soft? Why do I have to hear about other people's wiping issues while trying to enjoy a nice evening at home?
I had to watch a "I Heart Lax" commercial (about laxatives) last night because I didn't want to get up and walk out of the room, and my husband had the remote (across the room) and I was already sitting facing the TV and I just couldn't get away from it.

I noticed that instead of a brown turd, they used an illustration of a purple turd moving through someone's large intestine.

Honestly. That's almost as bad as the old maxi pad commercials showing someone pouring BLUE liquid on a pad to showcase how absorbent it is.

What if someone is color blind? Won't all this just look too realistic for words?

Shock and awe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 08:37 AM

88,585 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I find their new "Go Commando" commercials even worse.

They start off by talking about how the ripples allow you to pick up more... "layers". Layers?! Like the person hasn't wiped themselves or showered in months, so they are now wiping up layers of their body fluid? Then at the end they come out of the bathroom with their dirty used underwear in a bag, why?

And just the whole nastiness that people apparently don't know how to properly wipe themselves, and their underwear is only there to keep body fluids from getting onto their clothes. Its just gross.

Why can't we go back to the days where Charmin was about being squeezable soft? Why do I have to hear about other people's wiping issues while trying to enjoy a nice evening at home?
Oh GAG! I haven't seen that yet.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:44 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
before I went to bed, I programmed my coffeemaker to brew my coffee at 6:00. I woke up at 6:15 and there was no coffee. I had set it for 6:00pm instead of 6:00am. After pressing the button, I had to wait 10 minutes to have coffee.
that has ruined my morning on more than one occasion.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, of course! DUH.

Here's my latest first world problem:

My dishwasher was full so I started it. Then I made some cream of wheat and realized I was going to have to hand wash the pot. I am not even sure how to proceed.
Leave it in the sink until you unload and reload the dishwasher....

Old 01-28-2016, 10:18 AM

218 posts, read 241,865 times
I want to know when they are going to invent a self-loading dishwasher? After every meal I have to rinse the plate, silverware, and glass and put them in the dishwasher, BY HAND. It takes at least a couple of minutes!!

Old 01-28-2016, 12:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
The free lunch at work today was not to my taste. Now I have to go out, pay money and wait in line to get my own food.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The free lunch at work today was not to my taste. Now I have to go out, pay money and wait in line to get my own food.
You think that's bad?

Yesterday my husband and I went out for Tex Mex food. I brought home half my burrito and my rice. Today my husband ate that - and I had to eat a chicken salad sandwich for lunch instead.

WHAT THE HECK.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You think that's bad?

Yesterday my husband and I went out for Tex Mex food. I brought home half my burrito and my rice. Today my husband ate that - and I had to eat a chicken salad sandwich for lunch instead.

WHAT THE HECK.
Ugh! That is so wrong. You had to have a cold sandwich instead of a hit burrito!

Old 01-28-2016, 08:47 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Why do they make it so hard to buy cat food? Seems like hundreds of choices and they wont even let me bring the cat into the store so he can choose.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:14 PM

I rented (via streaming) Miami Vice, since I was surprised I hadn't yet seen it. I forgot I tried to watch it when it came on TV and found it to be really dull. It is still boring. Now I can't get my time back.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I rented (via streaming) Miami Vice, since I was surprised I hadn't yet seen it. I forgot I tried to watch it when it came on TV and found it to be really dull. It is still boring. Now I can't get my time back.
I know what you mean. My husband and I watched a movie last night and it was full of commercials. About half way through, I said, "You know, this movie is probably on Netflix or Amazon - without the commercials."

But then we would have had to change the input method, done a search, maybe even paid $1.99 for it or something like that - and honestly, all that was just overwhelming. So we just watched the commercials.

And in the end, the movie wasn't even really that good, so we wasted all kinds of time that we'll never get back. Grrrr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology