Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 02:10 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times

Advertisements

Hiding in your $300k house when the paperboy shows up because you don't have the money to pay him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 03:02 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
I'm trying to color code a new customer in a web display for the help desk I support, and I can't decide on which shade of medium green to use. I already have two blue green variants and a pine green, and the table display uses two alternating background colors to isolate each row so I can't use colors that are too light.

Mental agony, I tell ya. :-)

Old 03-25-2016, 03:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
They stopped making the tennis court shoes I like, so I had to buy a color I don't like.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
They stopped making the tennis court shoes I like, so I had to buy a color I don't like.
I can so relate! I just bought some New Balance shoes and they only had purple and lime green, or black and hot pink in my size.

I went with the purple and lime green but dang - I was really hoping for cobalt blue and orange.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can so relate! I just bought some New Balance shoes and they only had purple and lime green, or black and hot pink in my size.

I went with the purple and lime green but dang - I was really hoping for cobalt blue and orange.
Well, this color was the leftovers and now this shoe doesn't exist in my size in any color.

How am I supposed to play tennis now?

How many shoes will I have to try?

This is ridiculous.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:26 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
Why do I have to push the tv volume button extra hard for it to work? It kinda hurts my finger

Old 03-25-2016, 07:29 PM

The cable remote wouldn't pair with my new 65" 4k TV and I didn't want to have to use the TV remote to turn it on all the time and have to have two remotes out all the time, so I made the cable company send me a new one.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:27 PM

Today I bought spring rolls for dinner but when I got them home, I realized that they didn't come with wasabi. I have wasabi at my house but I would have to actually mix it up and you know - almost cook something. That's too close for comfort, so I just used some other sort of Asian sauce I had instead. It was OK but wasabi would have made it better. Sigh.

Actually, I am going to cook something tonight - I'm taking a break in between cooking spurts right now. It's about to kill me. Here's what I thought I would do for Easter:

First I thought I would make homemade ice cream for the kids. Fun fun fun, right? I had an old fashioned rotary ice cream maker (electric - I'm not a masochist) that I've had for a long time - still in the box. So I got it out last night and read the instructions. What the heck? Rock salt? Ice? Bring egg yolks to nearly a boil? What is all this foolishness?

So...I got online and found all sorts of homemade ice cream recipes - and they all seemed to point to a sort of new ice cream maker style - and the recipes seemed a lot easier. So forget this old ice cream maker - I went and bought a new one today. BUT I HAVE TO LET THE BOWL FREEZE FOR 24 HOURS. WHAT THE HECK. So anyway, it's freezing but it won't have 24 hours of freeze on it by the time we're ready for it so who knows what will happen.

This became so time consuming and stressful to me that I nearly caved and just bought some damn ice cream.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
^ I had one of those ice cream makers. And now there's one that you just pour your mix in and it freezes as it churns. I want that one.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
^ I had one of those ice cream makers. And now there's one that you just pour your mix in and it freezes as it churns. I want that one.
This is even easier than the new one I just bought! Now I'm unhappy with the one I have but if I buy another one, then I will have THREE ice cream makers and I'm probably only going to make ice cream about once a year.

If that.

Get this - today I got in my car and drove about half way to my parents' house before I remembered that I had forgotten the damn ice cream. So I had to drive back home and get it. I swear, this whole ice cream thing has been just one huge fiasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology