Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:57 PM

169 posts, read 115,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
OP... Not only you but most of the answers you have are not up to date on what domestic abuse psychology is. I was a battered woman and got out because I was "rescued" from a beating by a by a bystander who then became my husband (although not such a good idea in hind sight). I had physiological problems entering into the relationship which the man actually searches for in women. The prey does not see the signs because either she does not know them, mis-given trust, and fixation on the relationship.

Read up.
Sorry to hear. But are you saying your rescuer also became your abuser? I hope you are okay. I have no abuse history nor any of my family fortunately.

But your story/scenario is very different from this woman. Does an abuse victim give a noose to her abuser telling him to kill himself? Because her abuser is crying 24/7 begging her not to divorce?

Is that a behavior of an abused victim? OR an abuser?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianrocker View Post
It is not like I am contacting them. My husband always get angry when I want to know more and ask more about what happened. So I have to resort to Sherlock Holmes-ing it.

And was shocked on what I found out. But if my husband is a stay at home dad that took care of their son when they were married. You have to give him a benefit of the doubt on why all of a sudden he has no relationship with his son. Don't you think? It certainly does not look like he was a deadbeat from the get go.

By the way it was his sister that told me that he was the one who took care of their son. Because I ask her why he does not want to have kids anymore.
Just stop it - you're continuing to make excuses for him and trying to blame other people for the FACT that he VOLUNTARILY gave up all rights to his own son.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just stop it - you're continuing to make excuses for him and trying to blame other people for the FACT that he VOLUNTARILY gave up all rights to his own son.
Unfortunately I don't know how that even happen and yes it really is saying something about him. I live in the now and he treats me right.

So I don't know what to tell you. Why you keep telling me to stop anyway? LOL. I am replying to my thread posters. WTF.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:05 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,347,828 times
There is a name for women like her.
They are called Bat s#!t crazy !

Old 02-03-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
There is a name for women like her.
They are called Bat s#!t crazy !
Interesting you said that. I actually told my husband they are Bat s#!t crazy chick magnet. Only exception is me.

His 2 bros are divorced with legitimate Bat s#!t crazies. One is actually having custody battle with his baby mama.

The other, the older loser bro living with us has recently loan a GF his car, and total wrecked it coz she is DUI.

I know coz my husband went into his room to look at something and I just heard him say.... waaaaaat? And I was like what? And he showed me a paper that his car was impounded with the GF arrested for DUI.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:35 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,142,569 times
Quote:
Interesting you said that. I actually told my husband they are Bat s#!t crazy chick magnet. Only exception is me.
I admire modesty in women. But I can appreciate lack of modesty too provided it's backed up by reality.

Some women are simply awesome. Some think they are awesome. The perfect awesome woman is one who is awesome but is not impressed by herself. In other words she doesn't let it go to her head.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:39 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,257,066 times
Quote:

His 2 bros are divorced with legitimate Bat s#!t crazies. One is actually having custody battle with his baby mama.

The other, the older loser bro living with us has recently loan a GF his car, and total wrecked it coz she is DUI.

I know coz my husband went into his room to look at something and I just heard him say.... waaaaaat? And I was like what? And he showed me a paper that his car was impounded with the GF arrested for DUI.
You are WAY TOO INVOLVED in other people's business.

Get your own life & fix your own issues.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:40 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,142,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You are WAY TOO INVOLVED in other people's business.

Get your own life & fix your own issues.
This is a forum discussion. OP has every right to post on the topic they started, as does anybody who responds as long as they adhere to forum rules.

You are welcome to quit posting and following a topic if you don't like it.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I admire modesty in women. But I can appreciate lack of modesty too provided it's backed up by reality.

Some women are simply awesome. Some think they are awesome. The perfect awesome woman is one who is awesome but is not impressed by herself. In other words she doesn't let it go to her head.
I can say without batting an eyelash that if we ever had kids which won't happen now he got vasectomy. But I can say, I would never do what these women did using kids as pawn. I also told him that actually.

Never will I do that. I CARE about kids' well being first and foremost which I can't say the same for these women that did it to my husband and my bros.

It is SELFISH.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
This is a forum discussion. OP has every right to post on the topic they started, as does anybody who responds as long as they adhere to forum rules.

You are welcome to quit posting and following a topic if you don't like it.
LOL thanks, that poster is just out to get me for some reason. You are not her, LLC? I hope. And FYI, I have no issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology