Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 06:38 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
No, but I would say he could’ve made better choices. Some gay guy tried to hit on me a few months ago when I was traveling to a different city out of state. He told me that since I didn’t have any family in the area, I could stay at his house overnight. If I did accept his offer and went to his house and he did horrible things to me then sure it wouldn't have been my fault, but it would’ve been a dumb decision on my part to go to someone’s house whom I don’t know and have never met before.
He asked her because he knew she was impaired from the alcohol and would likely agree or at least not be able to disagree. It's no different than any other rapist looking for a woman walking alone, one that's distracted or any other way they choose their victims.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:45 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
The message she was giving out may have VERY WELL BEEN "I'M LOOKING FOR SEX". But I'd bet she would've liked to have been present for it, and would've liked to have been A WILLING PARTICIPANT.

BEING UNCONCIOUS OR DRUGGED means she could NOT give consent. Thus, it's assault. Why is it so hard for some men to wrap their heads around that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Hate to break it to you, but I am a woman, one who was raised old-school and watches the results of certain types of so-called "liberated" social behavior on the part of women with a mix of amusement and disgust.
What does being old school have to do with not understanding of a woman not giving consent is rape? Because a woman dresses a certain way she is saying to a man it's okay?! I am disgusted with a thought process like this.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian75 View Post
She shouldn’t be getting incapacitated in the first place. Know your limits and don’t drink anything given to you by someone you don’t know (besides the bartender or waitress).
Let's not forget that if she didn't have a vagina she wouldn't been raped.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:51 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,194 times
Woman have a great deal of difficulty being accountable for their actions. Yes they know what they are doing but it is always some else fault.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:51 PM

710 posts, read 584,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
He asked her because he knew she was impaired from the alcohol and would likely agree or at least not be able to disagree. It's no different than any other rapist looking for a woman walking alone, one that's distracted or any other way they choose their victims.
I’m not really sure what this has to do with my post.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I’m not really sure what this has to do with my post.
I assumed you weren't intoxicated when asked. You made the right call.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:57 PM

710 posts, read 584,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I assumed you weren't intoxicated when asked. You made the right call.
Yeah, I don’t drink at all. Especially because of things like that. I don’t believe that excuses should be made for rapists but I do believe that everyone should take precautions against things like that happening instead of just saying “rapists shouldn’t rape” because that isn’t realistic and rapists will probably always exist. Every time you leave the house, there’s a potential for you to get harmed by someone else. That’s why I never leave the house without some sort of protection.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don’t drink at all. Especially because of things like that. I don’t believe that excuses should be made for rapists but I do believe that everyone should take precautions against things like that happening instead of just saying “rapists shouldn’t rape” because that isn’t realistic and rapists will probably always exist. Every time you leave the house, there’s a potential for you to get harmed by someone else. That’s why I never leave the house without some sort of protection.
I go on walks through dark areas at 3 am in the morning. I know the risks. I don't care. I don't think they're particularly high and the gamble seems to seems to be worth it so far. I also go jogging along roadsides. Sometime's that stuff's just probably worth the increased risks. That risk, though, would be considerably higher if I were female or in somewhere besides my current suburban environment where people tend to not have to lock their doors.

I like the idea of women, at least, going to parties and bars in groups. One time a guy put some drug in my sister's drink. She loves bars and parties...but she's always with a group of people, so she got drugged but her friends were there to take her home rather than some strange "savior" guy.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
When she willingly went to a stranger's house, she consented.
Nope, not at all. I suppose you think that if you have sex once with someone (even your husband) that he can never rape you...once you consent, that's IT - you've just consented to anything and everything forever.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:28 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I go on walks through dark areas at 3 am in the morning. I know the risks. I don't care. I don't think they're particularly high and the gamble seems to seems to be worth it so far. I also go jogging along roadsides. Sometime's that stuff's just probably worth the increased risks. That risk, though, would be considerably higher if I were female or in somewhere besides my current suburban environment where people tend to not have to lock their doors.

I like the idea of women, at least, going to parties and bars in groups. One time a guy put some drug in my sister's drink. She loves bars and parties...but she's always with a group of people, so she got drugged but her friends were there to take her home rather than some strange "savior" guy.
So, if every woman in the world is constantly on guard and NEVER makes a mistake then I guess no man would ever be guilty of rape, right? Because those circumstances that allow rape to happen wouldn't be there?

The point is that being naive or stupid can mean that you're the one that ends up being the victim instead of someone other woman...this is true. However - the common denominator is the man who is looking for the best victim. She may have gotten picked by him but he did all the raping himself. His responsibility is always there - he is the cause of the crime...the particular woman messed up - but he DID the crime. It is only a question of who he picks as his victim.

We spend soooo much time counting all the ways the woman is wrong and responsible - if we could spend half that time finding these creeps and putting them away rather than just excusing them...the world would be a better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology