Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 01:30 AM

17 posts, read 19,930 times

Advertisements

As you know from my topic I am dating a younger woman, and got a lot of negative reactions, I have also gotten some in real life, though I have noticed a pattern with it being women around my age group; 40 and up mostly. I can only guess it's the same for on here. Does it really bother you? Surely there are plenty men in your age group so why the negativity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 01:40 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Rest assured, nobody cares about someones love life.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:41 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Too bad would be my answer to that. Dont let them shame you. Of course they are jealous.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:49 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Of course we view these men negatively. Our lives revolve solely around men and we are jealous of every woman a man dates because our lives mean nothing without a man. We spend hours daily obsessing about this. Now that I have learned you are dating a younger woman, I won’t ever be able to see anything positive about you.

Seriously, though, nobody cares who you date. Date a younger woman. Date an older woman. Date a man. Date Shrek. Heck, date the donkey. A few animal rights activists may care if you date the donkey, but the rest of us? No.

Last edited by Gusano; 01-21-2018 at 02:36 AM..

Old 01-21-2018, 02:08 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,014 times
Yep jealous

Old 01-21-2018, 04:47 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,665 times
Some care, most don't and the one's that do seem to care most of them aren't really mad at you, they are mad at some ex boyfriend/husband that ran off with a 20 year old and you are just a convenient target.

And when I do here women making remarks about guys their age that date younger it's usually a well to do upper income man, women could care less if someone like me dated a 20 year old.

I remember a former coworker who was kinda bent out of shape because her college aged daughter dated older and would regularly attract the very types of guys that she was looking for(she was a single mother and waited for her kids to grow up and be on their own before she re-entered the dating pool).

Old 01-21-2018, 04:58 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Rest assured, nobody cares about someones love life.
Not entirely true. I have gotten scowls from women on several occasions when dating a much younger, attractive women who actually looked younger than her real age. The age difference was almost 19 years. I was 48, and she was 30 when we started dating. Also, when we were out, they would also treat her poorly due to pure jealousy. It did not happen often, but often enough.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:03 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not entirely true. I have gotten scowls from women on several occasions when dating a much younger, attractive women who actually looked younger than her real age. The age difference was almost 19 years. I was 48, and she was 30 when we started dating. Also, when we were out, they would also treat her poorly due to pure jealousy. It did not happen often, but often enough.
How did you know it was out of pure jealousy? (Not being confrontational, just wanting to know)

Old 01-21-2018, 05:29 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Isn't it just as likely that it had to do with one of those people that frown on big age differences and making incorrect assumptions about the motives and character of either one or both of you?

Old 01-21-2018, 05:42 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Isn't it just as likely that it had to do with one of those people that frown on big age differences and making incorrect assumptions about the motives and character of either one or both of you?
Sure it could. My GF, who later became my wife, had conversations with some of these women, who were insecure, and thought she was "taking" someone out of circulation that could have been for them. Some of the married ones didn't want her anywhere near them, nor their husbands. And it wasn't like she was flirting with any of the men, or would have considered anything with them. She was nothing but pleasant, and respectful. Some women are just insecure around a younger, prettier female. I witnessed it myself, and heard the comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology