Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 07:10 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
And here we have yet another example -- folks at CD can't go very long without inserting those belittling jabs and put-downs.

Interesting.
This is an example of how you assume everything is a put down, even when it's not meant that way at all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 07:18 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Oh dear Lord, I give up...

I was wondering if he has romantic interest
He has a perfect relationship with his wife, and they have never had even one argument in over 10 years of marriage. Besides, she inherited money.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
He has a perfect relationship with his wife, and they have never had even one argument in over 10 years of marriage. Besides, she inherited money.
Proof he is lying..There are no perfect relationships..

Old 02-10-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Proof he is lying..There are no perfect relationships..
I think he lied about having a perfect marriage to make me think my problems with him are my fault.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I think he lied about having a perfect marriage to make me think my problems with him are my fault.
If you are both just butting heads that can be shared fault.

If he is angry raging at you that cannot be your fault.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
If you are both just butting heads that can be shared fault.

If he is angry raging at you that cannot be your fault.
He has been hard to get along with from the beginning. He got angry at stupid little things, but it happened more often in email.

When he is not angry, he tends to be very friendly and very talkative. Maybe more nice than what is normal. And then suddenly, something makes him mad.

I have even wondered if he could have slight dementia? But then, he would have problems with his wife also, not just me.

He has confided in me a lot about being unable to get along with his ex, his son, his step daughter. So I am definitely not the only person he has trouble getting along with.

He is not the kind of person who tries to get perspective and see things from the other person's side. I do that all the time, but he doesn't. I have tried to convince him to get along with his son, and I think maybe he took some of my advice.

He and his ex-wife have a severely disabled daughter, so they have to communicate. I have tried to convince him to see his ex-wife's point of view on some things. He does not do this naturally.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
He has been hard to get along with from the beginning. He got angry at stupid little things, but it happened more often in email.

When he is not angry, he tends to be very friendly and very talkative. Maybe more nice than what is normal. And then suddenly, something makes him mad.

I have even wondered if he could have slight dementia? But then, he would have problems with his wife also, not just me.

He has confided in me a lot about being unable to get along with his ex, his son, his step daughter. So I am definitely not the only person he has trouble getting along with.

He is not the kind of person who tries to get perspective and see things from the other person's side. I do that all the time, but he doesn't. I have tried to convince him to get along with his son, and I think maybe he took some of my advice.

He and his ex-wife have a severely disabled daughter, so they have to communicate. I have tried to convince him to see his ex-wife's point of view on some things. He does not do this naturally.
Who knows what makes people hot tempered with anger issues. But it is no fun to be around.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Who knows what makes people hot tempered with anger issues. But it is no fun to be around.
He says it's healthier to express anger than hold it in. I very much disagree. It might make you feel better to express anger, but it makes everyone around you feel worse. And it hurts you eventually because your relationships are damaged.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:38 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Oh dear Lord, I give up...

I was wondering if he has romantic interest

I thought that was clear.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-11-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I thought that was clear.
Is it possible that he gets angry at me because I am obviously not at all attracted to him? Does it hurt his ego that, even though he is already married, women don't all fall for him?

He does have an unrealistic sense of his own attractiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology