Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 08:53 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times

Advertisements

You know what really slays me?

Some of the same men who cry to the heavens that women should dress more modestly so that they don't have the difficulty of figuring out how to act, or the psychological inconvenience of experiencing desire for something that isn't actually being offered to them (I mean, the horror, right?) have the sheer NERVE to accuse other people of being easily offended sensitive little snowflakes. Really, you think? You're the one expecting a bunch of random strangers to dress in whatever way is comfortable to YOU, as though your opinion should shape the very fabric (fabric? eh? see what I did there?) of society and reality. How about you stay in your lane, guys?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:45 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
I think the best advice here is that 'if you need to ask, then no.' That applies to whether you are supposed to look, talk to, "compliment," or interact with women at all. If you just don't get it, then just stop trying and leave women alone.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:47 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It is honestly amazing to me how many men in this thread (and even women) automatically think women wear outfits like this for attention and don't seem to have the intelligence to think of logical reasons why she could be wearing such an outfit. Wow.
Men really do think that everything is about them. They really have been programmed to think this.

Men, we don't care about you. Really, we don't. You can rest easy - nothing we do is meant for you.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:56 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
So I had to tell DH about this thread and some of the replies.

And he made a good point, if you see a muscled out, well built guy in tight form hugging tshirt, would there still be all this out rage?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-30-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

And he made a good point, if you see a muscled out, well built guy in tight form hugging tshirt, would there still be all this out rage?
Or no shirt at all, outdoors in public, because he can.

Who says he's trying to impress women, maybe he's gay. ???

Old 05-30-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Or no shirt at all, outdoors in public, because he can.

Who says he's trying to impress women, maybe he's gay. ???
He knows he's being provocative!

Old 05-30-2018, 10:19 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
He knows he's being provocative!
And manipulative, don't forget manipulative...oh, and narcissistic! Just cause he didn't feel like changing as he did an errand after the gym....oh, wait, that's what he WANTS us to think...it was really a calculated, well thought out plan so he could get looked at, and he put a lot of work into not getting changed after the gym precisely so he could get attention!

Old 05-30-2018, 10:20 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:

I would hold myself to the same standard - look but don’t stare. It’s just manners.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I would hold myself to the same standard - look but don’t stare. It’s just manners.
Yep, and while some of us know this, I am quite surprised at the number who don't.

Unless they are playing ignorant to be provocative........

Old 05-30-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Yep! So you've got women telling men, "it's just manners" and yet there are guys who are mad trying to say that lack of modesty is some sort of invitation to assault or it's manipulative, or that clearly she wants only hot guys (not regular or ugly guys like them) looking, so somehow it isn't fair.

But see, women have always been expected to have all sorts of manners. Don't we know it's just too much to expect of men? And if we ask them to act like anything but goblins and savages, then hey, we are degrading their masculinity and being "all offended" and not letting men be men and blahblahblah. Gimme a break.

I just feel like if guys want to act that way, they can go live in some country where women have to cover up. They exist, go find one. But if you want to live in a country where women let you see our bodies, you are free to enjoy seeing our bodies, but learn how NOT to be a jerk about it, why don't ya?

Being completely fair, though? I've seen women act badly when seeing a sexy man being sexy. I've seen the drunk women in bars, being all crazy and acting "like the guys" and whatever. I have the same kind of disdain for crudeness like that, as I do for men being this way. I don't condemn the one and forgive the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology