Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 625 times

Advertisements

I always say i am gonig to studi . i am going to work hard
I am going to start to be serious but in the end nothing change.
I tell my self its ok i will do it a nother time
But it does not stop her a very strong sense of depression start to eat me from the inside and i start blaming my self for all the exames that i faild and the happy moments that i have lost because of my weakness
Its lik their is anather person inside of me that take control of my budy when i need it
I can not live much longer lik this . i am watching my dreams runing away while i am staring
If you can help i will be forever grateful.

Last edited by elnina; 12-13-2018 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:33 PM

24 posts, read 12,401 times
Maybe it’s not you, but the things you’re studying. Are you very much interested in your program of study? A lack of interest can make you feel lazy, when actually you could be the best at something you enjoy.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:00 PM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
You have to set goals. I wasn't doing well in school and I took some time off and worked as a receptionist for a while. That convinced me I needed to finish my degree. I made it my job to succeed in school. I went to campus and stayed all day. In between classes, I went to the library to do work. I set a goal to get a better GPA each quarter. The last quarter, I had to take a big load of classes to graduate. And because I was so busy, I had to really keep on top of it and I got the best GPA of my entire college career that quarter. You know how some people do better when they perform under pressure? I think it's a brain chemistry thing. If you don't have enough to do, you don't want to do anything. Set goals and load yourself up.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:31 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,549 times
You are probably not "lazy" but your brain may need some help to focus on tasks and to not procrastinate so much. It's not another "person" inside of you – your particular body chemistry may need some assistance.

You are not lazy. You are not "weak." You may just not be able to keep your attention on your tasks.

Have you heard of Attention Deficit? Read about Inattentive ADHD and see if anything sounds familiar to you.

Depression can also cause you to not be able to focus on what needs to be done.

Please consider seeing a doctor and/or a psychologist to see if they can determine how best to help you so that you can begin to help yourself.

There is no shame in this: The only shame will be if you continue to blame yourself for something that is not completely in your control and you do nothing to get some help.

Are you at university or are you younger? Perhaps you could reach out to someone at your school first.

You are NOT TO BLAME. Please see a doctor.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:53 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverlove View Post
Maybe it’s not you, but the things you’re studying. Are you very much interested in your program of study? A lack of interest can make you feel lazy, when actually you could be the best at something you enjoy.
This.

I forced myself into accounting despite EVERYONE telling me I'd hate it. I thought I was being practical and dismissed them as being irrational.

Indeed, they were right. It got to the point where before every accounting class, I had to run to the washroom to vomit out of intense hatred of what I had signed myself up for.

I figured that was just life, the normal adult experience in the real world. To cheer up, I told myself, "that's what alcohol is for."

I did so poorly, an accounting professor begged me to switch majors, and moved mountains to enable me to do so (technically changing majors at that point was disallowed).

I switched to double majoring in Computer Science and Econ and my grades immediately skyrocketed and I valued my life again.

I'm happy with my career now as a software developer. Had I stuck with accounting (and somehow managed to graduate under those circumstances), I think I'd have blown my brains out by now.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:33 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
I will second the idea of seeing a doctor. Another angle to consider is, are you getting enough sleep every night? You might have sleep apnea, and not getting restful sleep. If you're not getting restful sleep, you won't be able to focus to your maximum ablility, and you won't have the "umph" to get anything else done either.

Also, if you're a college student, you might be eating a crappy diet, which can also effect everything else you do. I understand sometimes college students are often short on money, but at the very least, get some multi-vitamins. You sound young though...let your parents know what's going on, and see a doctor.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:27 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
I think many of us are procrastinators...not necessarily lazy... particularly when we think we don't WANT to do something until we NEED to do something..

you want to think/imagine how good it feels to be done and over with early.... not a heavy burden to carry around to the last minute..

structure your day /week with a set of goals....write them down and check them off as you go..

on my days off.....I will write a list and feel good about getting the tasks done ahead of time....then I slow down and enjoy the day

Old 12-17-2018, 12:46 PM

7 posts, read 3,019 times
Excellent. It seems I know answer. A main cause od your laziness is a small motivation. Probably, you have a home and car. And you have a comfortable life. If you change a habitat then you can find a new stimuli to improve your state. For example you can visit a country with high danger. It are the Africa, Russia and other. You should feel a dunger for your life. I guess after that you will want come back to home and your laziness will disappeared.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 1,236 times
Procrastination is a dressed up version of fear. By allowing fear to be the driving force in your life you are in fact walking away from your purpose.

Fear is designed to keep you from moving forward and a great way to combat it is being very clear about what you want in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology