Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 03:20 AM

158 posts, read 106,433 times

Advertisements

Anyone living today that has an IQ number in the positive knows that of course everyone should be vaccinated. Mod cut.

It just really upsets me how many parents out there that would rather see their kids in pine boxes then "MY GOD! MY KID MUST NOT BE GIVEN THINGS THAT ACTUALLY HELP, VACCINATIONS AR EVIL!!! !! "

And it's interesting how only Americans have an issue with. No other view wearing wearing a mask as a "problem":

So would you say the people killing their kids because "Muh vaccines!" are the same as those that are on the same level wearing a mask?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-28-2020 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Rude and crude.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:35 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Most of them genuinely think they're doing what's most healthy for their kids, other than a handful of nuts who place some random religious beliefs or conspiracy theories or just general neglect above their concern for their kids' wellbeing. IMO this comes from a combination of having access to a ton of information, but not having the deeper understanding to winnow out what's relevant and true. Sometimes a superficial level of knowledge can be super misleading.

Since most people of childbearing age in the US had the luxury of growing up in a consistently vaccinated society, there's also very little visceral awareness of the risks of many of these wholly preventable diseases. They've all read some story on Facebook about how someone's third cousin got mercury poisoning from a flu jab, but they haven't seen a child suffocate of diphtheria right in front of them.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:10 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
I have a friend with a host of auto immune issues and dementia that runs in the family. This person is only wary of vaccines because they are miserable enough as it is and are hesitant to introduce more substances to flare up existing issues. When this person researches information about the vaccines, the side effects are the concern.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:24 AM

720 posts, read 429,008 times
Personally I don't like to get medication unless I really need to. So I guess some people go the extra mile and think the same about every single medical substance, regardless of the benefits.

The thing is taking something in order to prevent possible future illness is an indirect action, and it is hard to follow for people who don't understand that logic. Most likely they all think they are doing what's best for the kids.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:02 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I have a friend with a host of auto immune issues and dementia that runs in the family.
Dementia doesn't seem particularly relevant, but it's actually true there are certain auto-immune problems that are contraindications for receiving certain vaccines.

It's an excellent example of why it's important for the public good for all people who can get vaccinated to get vaccinated, because then that provides herd immunity for people with this sort of issue.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:13 AM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
While my kids are fully vaxxed, I have a couple of friends who children had very negative reactions to vaccines. While I don't think this is a valid reason to preach rejecting vaccines for everyone, I have some sympathy with their desire to get the word out that vaccines can be harmful. These people tend to go heavy on the "harmful" aspect and light on the "in extremely rare cases" part, but they're not completely wrong.

Perhaps when people are very worried and distrustful of vaccines, it may be helpful to encourage them to talk to the doctor about delaying and spreading out vaccines over a longer period of time, to minimize side effects, rather than to reject them altogether. Doctors should be willing to speak openly about which vaccines are the most important and which have a minimal impact. Chickenpox vaccine? Flu shot for grade school kids? Probably not very important.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post
Anyone living today that has an IQ number in the positive knows that of course everyone should be vaccinated. [Snip.]

It just really upsets me how many parents out there that would rather see their kids in pine boxes then "MY GOD! MY KID MUST NOT BE GIVEN THINGS THAT ACTUALLY HELP, VACCINATIONS AR EVIL!!! !! "

And it's interesting how only Americans have an issue with. No other view wearing wearing a mask as a "problem":

So would you say the people killing their kids because "Muh vaccines!" are the same as those that are on the same level wearing a mask?
My son is permanently disabled from a vaccine; medically diagnosed as vaccine injured; now suffering with PANDAS & Severe Regressive Autism. He has a medical exemption from vaccinations.My daughter died less than 24 hours after vaccination. I am an RN & was very provaccine.

My mother held dual PhDs in Immunology & Biochemistry. She had begged me to not vaccinate my children. I should have listened to her.

I have been masking myself & my children since January; way before the "authorities" recommended it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-28-2020 at 02:23 PM..

Old 07-28-2020, 10:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
If you almost died from a vaccine, would you give it to your child?

Old 07-28-2020, 10:51 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
If you feel so strongly, go up to them in person and tell them they're [Snip.]. Just you. All by yourself. To their face. Bet you won't.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-28-2020 at 02:25 PM..

Old 07-28-2020, 10:57 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
For the record, I am not anti-vax at all. I'm fully vaccinated, as are both of my kids. With that said, I think there is a huge mistrust of the pharmaceutical industry, and I can't say that is unwarranted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology