Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 10:09 AM

880 posts, read 569,856 times

Advertisements

...almost every single night that's crazy / weird.

One night, I was being attacked by Anne Hathaway. She had a sniper rifle, and she was trying to take me out. She had this super advanced sniper rifle that shot bullets which were heat seeking. My sniper rifle didn't have such technology, so she ended up shooting me... but I woke up before I died.

Another dream my wife and I commanded a 1000+ army of soldiers that were all clones of my wife. My wife and I kind of went about our day, but there were 1000+ Erica soldiers (dressed in black tactical gear with plates) all hustling around and jumping over things and ready for battle.

I even had a dream where John Lithgow and I were trying to start a home renovation business.

There was even one where Jada Pinkett (sp?) and I were negotiating an arms deal... but I vaguely remember that one.

But the other night was uniquely interesting...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and I were hosting a cybersecurity seminar at some Sheraton hotel (don't know where we were). Everything was very early 80s / late 70s looking... kind of drab carpets, a lot of fake gold paint on the walls. We both took turns speaking, but no one was really paying attention. The meeting room sat about 100 people, but there were only 8 people sitting in chairs and not really paying attention to us.

I have no idea what any of this means. I don't use drugs, and I eat pretty healthily, and am a perpetually happy person. I HAVE been working long hours though. These aren't nightmares or anything... I kind of wake up with a what in the world kind of confusion.

Is it something I'm eating? Is it the protein shakes?

Again, not really concerned, but these are too crazy for me to try to disseminate their meaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 04:27 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,624,759 times
What's wrong with mental creativity?

Old 01-14-2022, 07:49 PM

880 posts, read 569,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
What's wrong with mental creativity?

I suppose that's true. I can only imagine if someone made a feature-length movie of all my latest dreams tied into each other. It would certainly have a block-buster cast, but would probably look like a mix of 2001 Space Odyssey, Rambo First Blood Part II, Clockwork Orange, and Sesame Street. People would leave the theater confused and probably hungry.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:00 PM

6,934 posts, read 4,942,734 times
As a person that has crazy dreams of all sorts, I give no thought to what they might mean. I just enjoy them. Even the occasional nightmare. It's fun to wake up and think of all the things that went on in a dream that would be impossible (flying for instance) or just would make no sense in real life, but were perfectly reasonable in dreamland. So sit back and enjoy the wild ride!

Old 01-15-2022, 03:48 PM

1,896 posts, read 2,545,584 times
I wish I would dream. I've had some crazy dreams too, but I kind of think that's the nature of dreams. They usually aren't very realistic. I literally haven't had a dream in years, at least any that I can remember. I remember when I was younger I'd dream a lot but the past 10 years or so very little, if at all. I wonder if that means something as well. Maybe it has to do with the quality of sleep I'm getting as I do feel much less energetic in general during the same time period.

Old 01-15-2022, 04:43 PM

23,473 posts, read 19,135,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
As a person that has crazy dreams of all sorts, I give no thought to what they might mean. I just enjoy them. Even the occasional nightmare. It's fun to wake up and think of all the things that went on in a dream that would be impossible (flying for instance) or just would make no sense in real life, but were perfectly reasonable in dreamland. So sit back and enjoy the wild ride!
Totally agree! I love my dreams, even the more ominous ones. Rejoice that your brain feels it has lots to play around with. The opposite would be worse.

Old 01-15-2022, 05:11 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,795 posts, read 4,166,824 times
I won't elaborate too much, but I would trade dreams with you. I have dreams almost nightly, sometimes multiple in one night, that are quite upsetting. Sometimes I waken from one and it actually takes a little while for the anxiety it caused to settle down. I told a doctor if there was a drug I could take to never dream again, I would happily take it. I do have a form of PTSD, but it is not from my years in the Army.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:28 PM

4,232 posts, read 4,490,369 times
I like dreaming and make attempts to record them. It is rare that I remember enough to put them down on paper. Most recent one was great here are my notes. Some dreams I can figure out what caused it as it often is a mash up of most recently experienced things or conversations during the day or two before. This one I had no clue what caused it and I wished it kept going.

I am inside a large castle like resort event center. I walk along a large expanse which faces waterfront (lake or sea) with beautifully landscaped terraces down to water frontage.

Inside the castle (a sort of mash up of Biltmore/ Casa Loma / Breakers at Newport/ Bratislava Castle) there is massive hallways with tall ceilings that take one into the general large dining area. I am walking exploring the lower levels and encompass a section that reminds me of Edvard Grieg’s Hall of the Mountain King.

I go through long red upholstered and banner-ed marble halls with dark wood carving and massive gothic style windows along one side to a set of double wood carved doors which open into a large but oddly comfortably cozy feeling area. It has massive chairs fit for a giant (hence the Mountain King Lair imagery) and the size of the chair is massive and too large to move. There are two chairs opposite a large oak rectangular table across from a massive white marble stone fireplace. This portion, as I see it, is almost a sepia like old photo view, as if I am there - and not there - viewing it remotely at the same time.
When exiting the room, what seemed to be the entry doors off the regular hallway - the hallway is like a grand narrow hall (about 30 feet wide and almost 100 feet long) with a massive marble staircase at the end of it angling up to next level at 90-degree angle. A massive chandelier hangs at the center apex of the stair landing.

Late in dream, I am outside, and I must catch a train. I am at a spot which is quasi industrial feel and with a significant change in elevation which requires I navigate a lot of wooded stairs to the station stop (which feels like a combination of an amusement park, Swiss village and a lighthouse with all the steps, (reminiscent of the end scene in Dr Zhivago) from there I scramble over the resin and oil stained and soaked wooden approaches to get to the narrow boarding area just as the train (a late 19th century type and style) comes into the station.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:16 AM

13,289 posts, read 8,504,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
I won't elaborate too much, but I would trade dreams with you. I have dreams almost nightly, sometimes multiple in one night, that are quite upsetting. Sometimes I waken from one and it actually takes a little while for the anxiety it caused to settle down. I told a doctor if there was a drug I could take to never dream again, I would happily take it. I do have a form of PTSD, but it is not from my years in the Army.
So sorry you are enduring this nightmare of dreams.
My ex husband has night terrors. Comes from years of cancer treatments. He used to be an easy come easy go kind of guy.
In the past five years it has caused him to lose housing because his landlord can't stand his sporadic screams . You would have to be there to understand his catatonic state when he is bellowing out such angst.
Appreciate though you addressing this issue. Totally agree that a medicine to ease that sleep mode would be welcoming.

Old 01-17-2022, 12:04 PM

2,167 posts, read 1,088,010 times
Dreams have always been somewhat weird. Your brain is processing data while you sleep, thus the jumbled things. It doesn't mean anything at all. Nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology