Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 03:37 PM

2,037 posts, read 992,671 times

Advertisements

Turn the attitude down a notch and you'll maybe see that people have answered your question, which, TBH, was a little un-answerable in the sense that you said you weren't sure you were aware you were dreaming within the dream stage.

Only you can tell if your "not sure of it" experience falls on one side of the line or the other (lucid vs. not).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 03:37 PM

3,191 posts, read 1,280,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You are the one not getting it.
If you THINK a dream MIGHT be a dream, it is not lucid.

definition: A lucid dream is a type of dream in which the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming while dreaming.

PS... calling people a troll is against the TOS
In a regular dream, you don't think it might be a dream, though.

I was seriously thinking that it was a dream. I was just not completly sure. That was it. I was thinking like it was 80-90 percent a dream while dreaming.

I just explained the question above, you are telling me I lack the abilty of flying. You say it right after I wrote that I am talking about the moment while I was dreaming.

I am glad you could understand that.

So you say unless you are 100 percent sure, it is not lucid no matter how much you think it is a dream. Is that so?

Flying dreams are mostly associated with lucid dreams on internet.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 05-22-2023 at 04:52 PM..

Old 05-22-2023, 04:28 PM

I asked my friend if he ever thought his dream might be a dream while dreaming, he said never. Looks like my dream was more lucid than he could ever has.

He never has a dream in a dream

He never has a dream in which he thinks it might be a dream

He never has sleep paralysis

I do have all of them. He has none of them.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Turn the attitude down a notch and you'll maybe see that people have answered your question, which, TBH, was a little un-answerable in the sense that you said you weren't sure you were aware you were dreaming within the dream stage.

Only you can tell if your "not sure of it" experience falls on one side of the line or the other (lucid vs. not).
I was thinking like it should be a dream while dreaming but I was not sure of it.

I believe it is different than a regular dream as there is lucidity in it.

My friend says, he's never had a dream in which he thinks it might be a dream.

Do you think those 2 types of dreams can be put in the same place? If you think a dream might be a dream while dreaming, it is definetely more lucid than a dream in which you don't think it might be a dream.

I don't accept that it is same as a dream in which you don't think it might be a dream. They can't be put in the same place.There is lucidity difference between 2 obviously.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 05-22-2023 at 07:36 PM..

Old 05-22-2023, 07:39 PM

2,037 posts, read 992,671 times
Good luck, you've lost me with the word salad and random mentions about some friend.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Good luck, you've lost me with the word salad and random mentions about some friend.
I don't know what losing someone with word salad is supposed to mean. The only salad I know is the food salad.

I was talking about those 2 types of dreams being different. They can't be put in the same place.

One of them is partially lucid.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 05-22-2023 at 09:54 PM..

Old 05-23-2023, 04:00 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Is it a lucid dream if I think it might be a dream but not sure of it?
If you were asleep, then you can be quite sure it was a dream, unless there were some kind of drugs, or alien abduction involved.

Did you know you were dreaming, while dreaming? That would make it lucid.

Old 05-23-2023, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
If you were asleep, then you can be quite sure it was a dream, unless there were some kind of drugs, or alien abduction involved.

Did you know you were dreaming, while dreaming? That would make it lucid.
And If I thought I might be dreaming but not sure of it while dreaming, that must make it a partially lucid dream, which is different than a fully non-lucid dream.

In a fully non-lucid dream, I don't think i might be a dream.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 05-23-2023 at 05:25 AM..

Old 05-23-2023, 05:16 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
And If I thought I might be dreaming but not sure of it while dreaming, that must make it a partially lucid dream, which is different than a fully non-lucid dream.
Were you able to control the dream?

I think that if you thought it may be, while it was happening, then it was lucid. You can't really think, and not think.

Old 05-23-2023, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Were you able to control the dream?

I think that if you thought it may be, while it was happening, then it was lucid. You can't really think, and not think.
As I said, I can think that a dream might be a dream but not sure of it while dreaming. The dream is partially lucid, not fully non-lucid.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 05-23-2023 at 05:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology