Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 09:37 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
I feel the same way about snook it's them or us!
Bwaa-ha-ha :-)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 09:44 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
Don't know where or how that data is collected, but there were 3 the last 2 years we lived there, reported on the news and in the paper - one for sure was killed, don't remember for sure on the other 2; may have "just" been dragged around and injured. Wouldn't surprise me if the environmentalists somehow managed to prevent those becoming "official statistics". In any case, mountain lions are outgrowing their range, and are getting comfortable wandering around the suburbs.
I got the info from the state of California wildlife management web site.

https://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/lion/attacks.html

Gary

Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
I feel the same way about snook it's them or us!
LMAO...I'm happy to see you are targeting only the larger most dangerous snook

Gary

Old 03-26-2014, 12:44 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
Default March 26, 14 Presbyterian Church Burnt Store Rd

One cold day and they are back out.

This one and one of the two from Eagle Point was out sunning today too.
Attached Thumbnails
Alligators in Charlotte County-img_1345.jpg  

Old 04-02-2014, 01:40 PM

The local CBS news on Tuesday ran a video story on a woman in Port St. Lucy who would feed cereal to an alligator that frequented a pond in her back yard.
It was scary how close she would get to it. Occasionally it would start to run at her and she would lay on her back with her feet kind of kicking at it which made it back away. They had interviews with her neighbors who thought she was a nut. But no mention was made of the laws against feeding them.
Interesting story and I was glad I saw it.

This is actually better than the story I saw yesterday. There are two film clips here.

Florida woman caught on video feeding alligator cereal, calling it 'puppy' - Orlando Sentinel

Old 04-11-2014, 02:14 PM

Default Trip to Gatorama on Hiway 27 in Palmdale, FL

We took guests over to Gatorama this week and had a very good time. No crowds and lots of activity. The cost was about $15 per person. Headed up 17 to the Winn Dixie at Bermont Rd, turn right on Burmont (74) head straight for aprox 50 miles. Only one curve in the 50 miles. When you get to Hiway 27 turn right and it will be about 1.5 miles on your left.

The girl feeding the crocodiles and alligators is Tiffany and she was around as we toured the place and always available with a pleasant and fun answer to guest questions.

There is a small pool where children can wade and pick up baby alligators who have taped mouths and cannot bite. In the picture it is one of the guides with the very young girl.

Tiffany told me the small gator she was carrying in the picture was about 2 years old.

Another staff member sets up a larger alligator that also is taped for pictures by the more adventurous tourists who want to get close to it. Note that the tail is still able to do considerable damage to the slow tourist!
Attached Thumbnails
Alligators in Charlotte County-img_1506.jpg   Alligators in Charlotte County-img_1526.jpg   Alligators in Charlotte County-img_1477.jpg   Alligators in Charlotte County-img_1476.jpg   Alligators in Charlotte County-img_1472.jpg  

Old 04-11-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
We took guests over to Gatorama this week and had a very good time. No crowds and lots of activity. The cost was about $15 per person. Headed up 17 to the Winn Dixie at Bermont Rd, turn right on Burmont (74) head straight for aprox 50 miles. Only one curve in the 50 miles. When you get to Hiway 27 turn right and it will be about 1.5 miles on your left.

The girl feeding the crocodiles and alligators is Tiffany and she was around as we toured the place and always available with a pleasant and fun answer to guest questions.

There is a small pool where children can wade and pick up baby alligators who have taped mouths and cannot bite. In the picture it is one of the guides with the very young girl.

Tiffany told me the small gator she was carrying in the picture was about 2 years old.

Another staff member sets up a larger alligator that also is taped for pictures by the more adventurous tourists who want to get close to it. Note that the tail is still able to do considerable damage to the slow tourist!
Thanks for sharing........When I have guests from up north I take them to the Publix.

Gary

Old 04-11-2014, 02:36 PM

493 posts, read 636,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
Thanks for sharing........When I have guests from up north I take them to the Publix.

Gary
Post some pictures Gary!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 PM

Here you go Mark

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...011-gator.html

I can't figure out how to post the pic at the link above

Gary

Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM

I have not seen him down there for quite a while, Gary. They may have moved him out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte