Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:58 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,785,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound2014 View Post

Are most of the areas of PC Canal Homes equal in curb appear? From a boating and fishing stand point what are important issue to consider that might be over looked by myself who is totally unfamiliar with the area; especially with the canal system and getting to open water etc
to answer you question on curb appeal the best IMO n are of the beach complex are off harbor south of Edgewater , and all the canal south of Edgewater east of harbor. including grassy point as the nicest in all of PC next after that id say is lee Marie island gated also on the Southside of Edgewater west of harbor near spring lake . the Ohara are all the canal homes south of Edgewater off of midway very neat homes to be found and from sunrise waterway west to the spring lake area north f Edgewater (bringes) some of these have a longer ride out to the harbor all canal in PC exit near Port Charlotte beach

then there is the northwest section of PC with a few canals north of 776 that the canal exit to the myaka river along ride out to the harbor longest. id put south gulf cove and gulf cove before that very nice curb appeal in SGC but there are a lot of undeveloped lots if you don't mind that ok gulf cove is older with limited canal homes in the community, last is the oldest section of canal home some like 800SF north of Edgewater and east of harbor IE easy street and Conway accessed off 41, in all the area you will find less maintained homes just more in some areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 10:23 AM

6 posts, read 8,891 times
Default Ditto Ten Times Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddentreasure View Post
An often over looked great boating area is Burnt Store Marina Burnt Store Marina
It is the largest Marina around with easy, quick access right into Charlotte Harbor directly east of Boca Grande Pass. You are in open water in no time. There are a great variety of homes some overlooking one of the two large basins. There are many types of homes in various price range. It is a gated, deed restricted community. Even if you are not on the water, it is a quick bike, golf cart or walk to the Marina and they also provide great in & out service if you don't want to be at a dock. It is located on the northwest boundary of Lee County but we have Punta Gorda addresses. We are situated right between Punta Gorda and Cape Coral ready to enjoy the best of both. We also have restaurants, store and the Burnt Store Golf & Activity Club which provides a great social life for the non-golfer and 27 holes of golf for the golfer.
Ditto to everything you wrote. Great place to live, boat, golf, walk, bike, etc. You forgot the Yacht Club

Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litldog2 View Post
Ditto to everything you wrote. Great place to live, boat, golf, walk, bike, etc. You forgot the Yacht Club
Burnt Store is very nice but it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

13 miles from Downtown PG and 10 miles just to go to Home Depot

Gary

Old 11-08-2014, 12:09 PM

18 posts, read 70,820 times
I just shopped and bought in the 33950 area. Wanted PGI but ended up in Burnt Store Isles because the homes are newer and I need a sailboat dock. I was viewing canal front homes in PGI starting around $269k asking price. I got my home 10/14 for 40k below asking. I should think replacement cost would be a lot higher what with pool, dock, paver driveway, solar, etc. Vacant lots are all prices, say 50k and up. 90 building active building permits during my visit and plenty of new construction. Get off the canal and near the golf course, pay 100k less for the same sort of home. Traffic was fine but on my next visit I will get a taste of the high season. Lived on the Atlantic coast , Delray Beach before so am used to it but could be a shocker for the first time visitor. BTW, my insurance including hurricane but not flood, about $1,500 for 2000 sq ft.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:34 AM

1,721 posts, read 2,785,452 times
welcome to the area im sure you will love it

Old 11-10-2014, 02:47 PM

46 posts, read 75,465 times
nissantwa who did you get your insurance through? We're buying in Venice and so far the quotes have all been around 3K for 2000 SF none waterfront.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:18 PM

63 posts, read 100,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish353 View Post
Take Port Charlotte off of your list....you'd be way better off buying an older waterfront home in Punta Gorda than a newer waterfront in Port Charlotte. Without sounding snooty (we are just a middle class working family)...Pt. Charlotte is filled with criminals and trashy people compared to Punta Gorda. To narrow down your decision, visit the supermarkets like Winn Dixie and Publix in Port Charlotte and than shoot across to the Publix's in Punta Gorda. The difference in people is night and day. If you have a lot of tattoos on your face and neck and enjoy cooking meth in your shed, than Port Charlotte would be the better choice. Also, before we were able to save for a canal front home in Punta Gorda...we always launched our boat out of Ponce De Leon park in Punta Gorda and loved it. It's a clean, fairly uncrowded ramp (except for snowbird season) and always has places to park. I know that everyone's taste is different...but Port Charlotte is not a nice area and has a lot of crime. The only plus size is that you can get a huge house on the water compared to what you can get in any other area. Our second choice next to Punta Gorda would be Venice which is absolutely beautiful. ABSOLUTELY stay out of Fort Myers and Sarasota........lots of traffic, extremely high per capita crime rates, and the water is ten times as busy with boats.
Is all of PC bad? We were looking at the Lakes of Tuscana apartments on Madaca Lane to rent while we are deciding where to build. Is this a bad area?

Old 11-13-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohsmommi View Post
Is all of PC bad? We were looking at the Lakes of Tuscana apartments on Madaca Lane to rent while we are deciding where to build. Is this a bad area?
No not all of PC is bad nor is all of any other town good.

Gary

Old 11-13-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabrookes View Post
nissantwa who did you get your insurance through? We're buying in Venice and so far the quotes have all been around 3K for 2000 SF none waterfront.
Does that include flood insurance?

Gary

Old 11-24-2014, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,164 times
We currently live in NSB on the east coast. We would like to move to P G. Our budget is is 275k. Fishing is paramount for me. Any suggestions on where we should start our search?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte