Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,633,448 times

Advertisements

This may help you decide here is a video about Punta Gorda

http://youtu.be/8KPj_QLwlfk

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 06:55 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,275,892 times
OP: PG and PC both have areas, as others have stated, that I wouldnt have moved 1300 miles to be in.. but they are obvious to the eye.. PGI ( seperate sub community) is, for all intents and purposes, a Gated Community with what can be and is a very strict HOA.. IMHO thats not always a bad thing.. A strict HOA and Over All Item for Item a much higher price schedule can keep most the riffraff out.. Just by costing more keeps most of the riffraff out.. then the HOA does a pretty good job on the rest. My House in PGI would have been out of my $$$ comfort zone.. I could go on and on but you should be understanding the point already..

Old 04-19-2015, 07:12 PM

12 posts, read 16,354 times
Thanks I understand. You guys are right we will really need to spend some time in the different locations aside from just looking at homes.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 AM

16 posts, read 22,281 times
How is land in PG? Is it easy to to find 1/2 - 1 acre lots with trees in this area? What are property taxes & flood insurance like?

Last edited by TMW67; 05-11-2015 at 10:12 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 10:38 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,275,892 times
PG is a HUGE Area.. Most of it doesnt require flood insurance..what "most" seem to refer to here is in reality a small section of PG known as PGI.. are there large lots available in PG proper? Yes just not in PGI. Taxes vary greatly dependant on Value..just like anywhere else.. My guess is.. and its only a guess.. but you could build 3 Identical Homes, 1 on a half acre up the Peace River and 1 out .... in PG on 5 acres and 1 in PGI on a 80x100 ft lot and their values would all be different as would their realty taxes..and the PGI Home would have the highest Value and there by the highest taxes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW67 View Post
How is land in PG? Is it easy to to find 1/2 - 1 acre lots with trees in this area? What are property taxes & flood insurance like?

Old 05-28-2015, 01:22 PM

12 posts, read 12,020 times
Any realtors know the average length of time on market for listings in these areas? Rotonda(lakes, Sands, et.al) Eglewood, PC, PG, CC, etc. that the OP asked about? Perhaps that might give them some perspective on the market situations on the locations they are looking at? (It seems cost was an issue)

Old 05-28-2015, 05:17 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,006,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieQ View Post
Any realtors know the average length of time on market for listings in these areas? Rotonda(lakes, Sands, et.al) Eglewood, PC, PG, CC, etc. that the OP asked about? Perhaps that might give them some perspective on the market situations on the locations they are looking at? (It seems cost was an issue)
For the Englewood and Port Charlotte areas, the avg is right around 50 days for properties under $300,000. 80 days in Punta Gorda. That's 2015 YTD. Of course days to contract is much less...

Old 05-28-2015, 06:43 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW67 View Post
There are 12 lots in PG ranging from 1/2 - 1 acre. From a $35K lot on Tonawanda Dr in Burnt Store Village up to a 1.2 mil lot on Belaire Ct. The next lot is priced at $108K, 8 of the 12 lots are under $200K and the rest are above. Flood insurance varies depending on what you build, elevation, location, zone, etc. Taxes as well.

We'd need more info to give a better answer.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:32 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,154,792 times
Some of those average times can be a bit misleading when looking at new homes. A lot of builder market early or 'pre-construction' so it looks like they took a long time to sell,in reality they can be gone in a flash once finished.....the last spec home we sold we had on the MLS for around 4 months. Once we finished it and started having open houses it sold in 5 days !!!

Old 07-11-2015, 09:00 AM

12 posts, read 16,354 times
Well in a little over a month we make our trip down. I am actually up in boston this week for U2 concerts and helping the parents eliminate the clutter to prepare the boston house for market. We have narrowed down to about 30 properties (still about 15 too many) that we are interested in. I would say the florida properties are staying on the market a lot longer then I had expected which is good for us as the Boston market is still rapid fire. We have found more then enough homes that meet their criteria in the 250 to 360 k price range so everyone is pretty excited. I think end of day it will be Punta Gorda, Rotunda, or Venice. Even though their favorite homes were found in Port Charlotte the more I read about South Cove I think that might be out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte