Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:51 PM

186 posts, read 213,326 times

Advertisements

We are looking to get established with a reputable, experienced doctor or doctor group in the PG/PC area. Anyone wish to offer up their surprisingly good experience and referral?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 06:07 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,947,721 times
No, but I can say to be very wary of the advertised dental exams of an initial cleaning and exam for $XX.

My wife took advantage of one of those with Quality Dental Smiles in PC (I think no longer in business). She has always had excellent teeth and goes for her 6-month cleanings and check-ups religiously. When she went there for the first (and only) time she was told that she needed three crowns and two or three root canals. Thankfully she balked at having any done. When she went back to her dentist in Maryland six months later and told him, he said he couldn't even find what teeth they were referring to.
I've also noticed when I just did a Google search, some of the comments on QDS include, "This is by far the worst dental practice I have ever been to. Very corrupt staff...." (Yelp); "Go somewhere else for Cosmetic or Endodontic dentistry!"(Google review); "Poor and threatening management!"(Google review).
I say "I think no longer in business" because when I did a web search a year or so ago, the search linked you to another new dental office in PC. Maybe they change names and locations to stay one step ahead of the being caught with their deception? Now their site links you to a dental practice in Bradenton.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliekristine629 View Post
We are looking to get established with a reputable, experienced doctor or doctor group in the PG/PC area. Anyone wish to offer up their surprisingly good experience and referral?

Not 'surprising' at all. Can't help with dentist referral though.

Louise Cohen, MD over on Cochran Blvd. Excellent, internal medicine.

You can also do a search on Healthgrades.com

Optical: Community Eye Center, across the street from Fawcett Hospital.

Last edited by QuilterChick; 05-11-2016 at 06:28 AM..

Old 05-12-2016, 05:51 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
I go to Paradise Dental in Port Charlotte.

I go to a doctor in North Port. But a large medical group in Port Charlotte is Millennium Physician Group.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:28 AM

46 posts, read 56,679 times
I've been going to Dr. Jean Murphy at Millennium Physicians Group for a few years now...never feel rushed and he's always on top of things...We like Simply Smiles for our dentist...Dr Angela and her staff are so nice... http://www.simplysmilespa.com/contact-us.html and Deep Creek Eye Care for optometrist Deep Creek Eye Care - Optometrists in Port Charlotte, FLDeep Creek Eye Care | Professional Eye Care Using Cutting Edge Technology

Old 05-12-2016, 07:44 AM

4,865 posts, read 2,674,972 times
myself and my wife went to Dr. Angela @ Simply Smiles..she filled a tooth for my wife..after about two weeks my wife said it still hurt.. Dr. Angela blew it off by saying it was her sinuses..it still bothers her after a couple of months..hot and cold sensitive..and she charged my wife $70 for the office visit just to look at it again without doing anything about it..we won't be going back there.

Old 05-12-2016, 02:41 PM

46 posts, read 56,679 times
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with her. We've never had any problems whether it be a filling, extraction, root canal or our cleanings...been going to her for a few years now

Old 05-12-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeejan View Post
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with her. We've never had any problems whether it be a filling, extraction, root canal or our cleanings...been going to her for a few years now
Jan, I just called my friend in PG because she raves about her dentist. I would have gone to him as well had I not moved back to NC.

Dr. Mark Hansen, he is on a side street off East Olympia. She raves about him, and has been going to him for several years. You could probably look him up by Google, or use www.healthgrades.com for reviews.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeejan View Post
thanks quilterchick but i'm not the one looking for a dentist...i'm happy with the one i have
Whoops ... sorry. Got you mixed up w/someone else. Other posters may be interested though.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:35 AM

773 posts, read 786,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Jan, I just called my friend in PG because she raves about her dentist. I would have gone to him as well had I not moved back to NC.

Dr. Mark Hansen, he is on a side street off East Olympia. She raves about him, and has been going to him for several years. You could probably look him up by Google, or use www.healthgrades.com for reviews.
Thanks for the recommendation, QC. Finding a good dentist can be a painful process. I'll be giving Dr. Hansen a call...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte