Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 06:10 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana Daz View Post
If you drive through South Gulf Cove you'll find that your "one out of thousand" number is way off base. There are quite a few high end, multi-story homes here.
Thanks for the comment, but I never said anything about SGC and the original poster is asking about a lot not in SGC. So, whatever your point is, you’ll need to be a little clearer. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 07:16 PM

190 posts, read 259,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Thanks for the comment, but I never said anything about SGC and the original poster is asking about a lot not in SGC. So, whatever your point is, you’ll need to be a little clearer. Thanks.
Your dismissive comment was
Quote:
One out of a 1000 single, free standing houses here have a 2nd floor. Why do you think you need one? You’re going to have to sell it one day.
In that, it appears that you neglected to state an exact location or define what you meant by "here". In that this is the PG-PC section of City-Data, your use of "here" would seem to imply, well, here...

Bottom line, your opinion isn't necessarily fact and your exaggeration of numbers doesn't help anyone. That was my point without completely calling you on it. Clearer now?

Old 11-17-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana Daz View Post
Your dismissive comment was In that, it appears that you neglected to state an exact location or define what you meant by "here". In that this is the PG-PC section of City-Data, your use of "here" would seem to imply, well, here...

Bottom line, your opinion isn't necessarily fact and your exaggeration of numbers doesn't help anyone. That was my point without completely calling you on it. Clearer now?
Context must be pretty challenging for you, eh? The OP defined “here” not me. Perhaps you should read the thread and get clued in before you make no value add posts? The OP is not talking about building in SGC. Wow.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:14 AM

26 posts, read 22,596 times
Quote:
Context must be pretty challenging for you, eh? The OP defined “here” not me. Perhaps you should read the thread and get clued in before you make no value add posts? The OP is not talking about building in SGC. Wow.
LOL
good stuff

Old 11-19-2021, 05:53 PM

190 posts, read 259,199 times
Definitely SWFL...

Old 11-19-2021, 07:20 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Another post gone down the tubes....

Looks like the original subject matter of "making a second floor on a single-floor home" still hasn't been answered.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:32 AM

26 posts, read 22,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Another post gone down the tubes....

Looks like the original subject matter of "making a second floor on a single-floor home" still hasn't been answered.
The original question can be easily and accurately answered if the op simply called the County first!

Old 11-21-2021, 08:24 AM

73 posts, read 119,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques_meihaufer View Post
The original question can be easily and accurately answered if the op simply called the County first!
I wonder how many inquisitive users of this site have requested anecdotal insight from other members, where answers may be readily available had they "simply called the County first!" I would venture to say, quite a few.

For me, there is value in asking a knowledgeable experienced group. There seems to be less interest in offering pertinent advice (thanks to those who have) and more interest in disagreeing with the idea in general for a variety of very subjective reasons, none of which this poster could give a rat's you know what about.

It takes less energy to not respond at all than it does to respond with criticism and invective.

Old 11-21-2021, 12:46 PM

73 posts, read 119,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques_meihaufer View Post
Suggesting that should not constitute some kind of affront to your purpose, or your sensibilities.
I like you Karen, you're funny.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:50 PM

It easy to become drawn into disrespectful, personal disagreements. Respectful disagreement can be helpful and healthy, but it needs to be done in the context of the original post. I know it’s hard, I’m guilty too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte