Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:54 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,677 times

Advertisements

Still laughing about the big raid at the buffalo Chip restaurant..........20 deputies with flack jackets waited until the place was full (for maximum effect) and stormed in to arrest acouple of cooks that were selling a little weed to make ends meet.I think they got 20 grams of pot......that's about a baggie full,and a small amount of coke......we're not talking about Pablo Escobar here.Surprized they didn't repel down from helicopters.....or crash through the windows with armoured vehicles......threw out all the patrons and posted signs all over the place.Even gave the raid a name.....like Desert Storm........this was called Operation White Buffalo........Poor owners had no clue.I wonder why they didn't just talk to them and arrange for the arrest of the people who were breaking the law.Guess that wouldn't have played out for the cameras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Default Bonita Springs, actually.....

But the other points.....Probably a matter of taking advantage of an opportunity to train, impress the natives, and condition the folks to the ever creeping, coming police state.

Yachtcare has spoken.......

Old 03-06-2010, 06:10 AM

135 posts, read 408,102 times
I don't want anyone doing coke OR weed OR any other drug preparing my food. And FYI.........cops don't usually discuss the arrest of drug dealears/ users with them or anyone else BEFORE they arrest them. I'm guessing that wouldn't work real well for them. They're doing their job. Peoople who do drugs also deal drugs. Most shootings down here are drug related deals gone bad. I shouldn't have to be in the middle of it while eating dinner.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:32 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,466,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Still laughing about the big raid at the buffalo Chip restaurant..........20 deputies with flack jackets waited until the place was full (for maximum effect) and stormed in to arrest acouple of cooks that were selling a little weed to make ends meet.I think they got 20 grams of pot......that's about a baggie full,and a small amount of coke......we're not talking about Pablo Escobar here.Surprized they didn't repel down from helicopters.....or crash through the windows with armoured vehicles......threw out all the patrons and posted signs all over the place.Even gave the raid a name.....like Desert Storm........this was called Operation White Buffalo........Poor owners had no clue.I wonder why they didn't just talk to them and arrange for the arrest of the people who were breaking the law.Guess that wouldn't have played out for the cameras.
since when was 20 grams about a baggie full ? average purchase on the street is 2-4 grams, a quarter baggie is 7 grams, an ounce is 28 grams, they were selling the ounce dont kid yourself.. 20 grams is close a felony posession and the coke just seals the felony conviction. not many people keep 20 grams of pot in the house just for the head stash. And if they do.... they are dealing too .

Old 03-06-2010, 08:50 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
If they were selling dope to your kids, you wouldn't be laughing so hard.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:16 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,861,111 times
Quote:
Since it was Bonita Springs, and NOT PG, I guess you can retract any opinions you feel like offering about our area in the future...

They probably waited so that there was cover noise and less chance of the suspects running out or being tipped off.

And I bet you think president bush planned 9-11

Old 03-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Wonder why they waited until the restaurant was totally full to make their move........Local TV was tipped off....cameras were rolling.Totally staged.
Would have been easy to work with the owners who were totally innocent and devastated by the raid.....but,no.....wouldn't have played out as well on TV.
I think it is shameful that they treated those hard working,innocent restaurant owners that way.What about all of the other 30 or so employees who count on their jobs to make ends meet.What if it puts them out of business.?.....

Old 03-08-2010, 07:12 AM

301 posts, read 1,154,445 times
Quote:
Wonder why they waited until the restaurant was totally full to make their move........Local TV was tipped off....cameras were rolling.Totally staged.
Would have been easy to work with the owners who were totally innocent and devastated by the raid.....but,no.....wouldn't have played out as well on TV.
I think it is shameful that they treated those hard working,innocent restaurant owners that way.What about all of the other 30 or so employees who count on their jobs to make ends meet.What if it puts them out of business.?.....
Why would the police want to risk the operation by notifying the owners?? What if the owners were in on the drug action as well?? Don't even tell me that is not possible. It's called the element of surprise. If they leak info, that jeopordizes the operation.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:07 PM

Risk the operation?.........a couple of baggies of pot.....and a couple hundred bucks of coke.They knew when they made their "buys" that these guys were just low level guys trying to make a few bucks selling dope....sure ,it's wrong,but they all held full time jobs...they weren't mugging people for drug moneyThat was some operation.....bet there was high 5's and chest bumping .I feel so much safer tonight.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:34 PM

135 posts, read 408,102 times
I don't know what your problem is, but I do feel safer with anyone who deals drugs off the street. Cops don't let people in on their arrests, and if the "poor owners" paid attention to their business, they would have known what was going on. Cops don't "work" with drug users/ dealers......they arrest them.........that's just how it goes. And like jvelte said......cops shouldn't risk thier own lives and the safety of others just to help out a few low lifes..........sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte