Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Some of you may remember my post a while back, about my mom's cat Simon... we thought he might have toxoplasmosis, due to a tick (head shaking) and hair loss, but it turned out to be a brain tumor. My mother spent over $2000 trying to diagnose and treat him, but he was deteriorating rapidly, and the vet finally said they couldn't do any more. He was put to sleep a few hours ago, and is hopefully resting in peace now.

I found him at the pound about two years ago, and knew right away he was a great kitten - soooooo sweet & cuddly, and wanted nothing more than to be loved! He quickly went from a tiny kitten to a huge 25 lb. cat, but still thought he was small enough for anyone's lap - LOL. Anyway, it appears he was probably born with the tumor, and it had been growing slowly over the last 2 1/2 years. He was a wonderful kitty, and deserved to be around for longer than he was... we'll miss him greatly, and hopefully he's waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with our other beloved pets. A few pictures to remember him:

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-22-2008 at 03:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 03:16 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,410 times
My heart definitely goes out to you. I'm sure he's resting in peace now and that's the only bright spot in a situation like this. Those pictures are so nice, by the way. He was a beautiful cat.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:32 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Oh, gizmo...I am so sorry. I remember the picture of Simon in the window.

Rest well and know you gave him a great life...he's got a piece your your heart, and he's always in yours and your mom's.

RIP Simon...

Old 01-21-2008, 09:36 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,160 times
I am so sorry. He reminds me of my guy a little ....I am so sorry.
Many hugs and prayers!!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:58 PM

180 posts, read 957,416 times
I add my condolences to those expressed already. I am sorry your heart is sore this day. Simon is a beautiful, beautiful cat. He'll make a lot of friends on the other side to keep him company until he finds you again.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Thank you all so much for the kind words... they choked me up, but it's good to have a place to discuss this. My mother is handling it pretty well, but I know she'll miss Simon greatly - he was ALWAYS on her lap. Anyway, thanks again for the condolences.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:00 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,283,088 times
I am very sorry as well. He looks just like my cat so it really hit a spot with me.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:40 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,290,595 times
25 Pounds??? holy crap!!!!!!
Well... best of luck, i lost a gray tabby with Leopard spots on her belly, she was 8 pounds LOL and only about a year.
My family has always believe in giving out cats freedom. We let them out, we don't force them out but only if they want to... One day she just disappeared... she too was a lap cat.
I had a 8 year old calico cat before her and she was so sweet and neglected I feel so bad. I was in Mexico and my mother let her out... but it was her decision... but she had second thoughts of going outside but my mother got impatient and forced her to decide and she never returned... She feels guilty to this day... what was more so is that our dog escaped the very same month while i was in Mexico so all i had left was fish. They died later in the summer due to my father being cheap and not leaving the AC on. But you don't bond with fish like you do cats or Dogs.
I am glad I do not know what happened to my cats, if I knew it would be so much heart ache. The mental image of such an innocent creature dying is any form would be toucher much less your own pet. To see your cat run over or eaten or trapped... Would bring tear to my eyes, In an odd way I am overjoyed that I have no clue how my pets have died... except the fish, which was sorta of funny after the fact, LOL, but you can't bond with a fish like you can with a dog or cat.
I wish you the best of luck and when the heart ache ends don't forget to save another cat or kitten from the shelter.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
I am sorry you lost your cat. I have lost a few cats and dogs and it is always hard.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 AM

17 posts, read 39,061 times
Very very sad to hear of ur loss.
All of us that have a pet have or will go through it.....I've been there many times indeed.
Hugggs to u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge