Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:51 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
Thanks I had looked at these and they look great but I like the mixed communities as I've read too many mixed reviews on these .
I'm not sure I understand your comment. Are you looking at age restricted or mixed ages? The list I linked to has both. Regarding "too many mixed reviews" can you be more specific?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 08:29 AM

213 posts, read 211,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemat247 View Post
I believe the 'Active Adult' section of Regency at Brier Creek is in Durham county. Not a very significant factor, except for the higher property taxes.
That is good to know , take that off list if considering 55+. thanks

Old 06-23-2017, 09:05 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemat247 View Post
I believe the 'Active Adult' section of Regency at Brier Creek is in Durham county. Not a very significant factor, except for the higher property taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
That is good to know , take that off list if considering 55+. thanks
Again, I'm not sure I understand your comment, Pinehurst.

We have lived in Regency at BCCC since January 2013. It is definitely NOT age restricted. IT WAS marketed to adults 50+ and the homes were designed as ranches to appeal to that group. The 124 ranch homes are in Durham County, but in the city of Raleigh. Accordingly, families with school aged children don't want to buy here.

There are 14 executive homes in Regency at BCCC. These are larger, multistory homes that are in Wake County. Those homes are very similar in size and design to the homes in the rest of BCCC.

Regency homeowners are not required to join the CC, but they can join at various levels if they want to. The ranch homes (not the executive homes) have lawn and garden maitenance included in the HOA fee.

The 'higher taxes' probably amounts to a hundred bucks a year. Worth it to me - my raleigh address gets me a Wake County Library card, and my Durham county residence gatsby me a Durham county library card. You'd be surprised at how different their collections are.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm not sure what your question is, but this list might help https://www.55places.com/north-carolina
No question just commenting on post about Ivy Hall pics seemed more seniors than 55+ range

Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm not sure I understand your comment. Are you looking at age restricted or mixed ages? The list I linked to has both. Regarding "too many mixed reviews" can you be more specific?
I like the activities and amenities offered at the 55+ communities, but an area that isn't just all young families, a mix of all ages. I've read how some love the 55+ and others feel ripped off as the homes are not quality built (most appear to be tract builders)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary