Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:38 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,679,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I find the best form of tv entertainment is watching fox news. I enjoy watching actors pretend to be news anchors and journalists.
as i enjoy watching out governor say she cares about 'us'...

(all in kind hearted fun, cause you know i like you NRG, lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,600,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I find the best form of tv entertainment is watching fox news. I enjoy watching actors pretend to be news anchors and journalists.

rep X 10000 if it would let me

Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 PM

75 posts, read 151,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
rep X 10000 if it would let me
Thats funny, I feel the same way when I watch ABC, NBC and CBS News programs, and when reading the New York Times. Isnt it amazing that we all can feel the same thing yet watch something completely different!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:59 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,586,568 times
^Yeah, WRAL is pretty much a huge joke also.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,877,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Don't they have Pawn Stars?
Couldn't tell you. I really don't have time for tv much. I changed to AT&T last yr to save some $$ 'cos TWC wouldn't let me select and pay for a few channels only. Anyhow, since changing, I've watched very little and honestly don't know what's on what. I flip channels and saw the lineup for History and saw they had some decent programs, as does BBC America and others.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
If you haven't heard or seen this, Lizard Lick Towing was filmed by Tru TV for a few episodes of a day in the life of a tow truck business owner. The owner and his sidekick best bud are something! If the program takes off, then they'll film more episodes. It was on Tru last night at 10pm. I came across it by accident. The tow co is based in the Wendell area and filming took place in Raleigh at Heads Tattoo parlour across from NCSU? and in Knightdale, Wendell areas from what I could tell. It's rough...a tough way to make a living!

Lizard Lick Towing and Recovery, LLC - Welcome to Lizard Lick's Favorite Repo Company! they also have a Twitter page.
Hmmmmmm ..... it looks as though this thread has been towed off the streets of Raleigh and into TV Land. Any chance we can get it out of impound and back where it belongs?

Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 PM

5 posts, read 12,226 times
They aren't reenactments at all. It's all their friends that they ask to be on the show. It's scripted as in so and so will do x then y then z. The violence is at least partially real. Punches are being thrown and cutting legs on the door and blood is real. But, like someone else said, wrestling is scripted, too, but so are movies. It's all about entertainment.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:32 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,586,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1313 View Post
They aren't reenactments at all. It's all their friends that they ask to be on the show. It's scripted as in so and so will do x then y then z. The violence is at least partially real. Punches are being thrown and cutting legs on the door and blood is real. But, like someone else said, wrestling is scripted, too, but so are movies. It's all about entertainment.

Uhhhhh, no. They are all re-enactments. Go to the show's website and you'll see for yourself.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 PM

5 posts, read 12,226 times
Yeah, my dad has been in 2 of them and I have a friend that was in another. They are just friends of theirs that they ask to be in them.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,767,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
They were on bob and the showgram the other morning. They used to be a part of another TruTV show, and now got there own from that. They said now only about 60% is real, as they have to act to show back story on some of it, and some are not real tows anymore. The first show they did was 100% real they said.
There is no way that was real - the shooting, the guy coming in and holding a gun to his head, the cable guy....no way. Maybe something "like" that happened in the past and they recreated it, but there is no way that wasnt acting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary