Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:19 PM

406 posts, read 788,289 times

Advertisements

Has anybody recently relocated to the Triangle from Michigan? Was it a good move for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 07:14 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,937,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjsluvskaz View Post
Has anybody recently relocated to the Triangle from Michigan? Was it a good move for you?
I've moved from Michigan to Raleigh.....TWICE! (Once in 1994 and then again a few months ago after going back to Michigan from 1998-2007.) I spent most of my time in Michigan either in the Detroit area or East Lansing.

It's very nice in Raleigh but to answer your question you'd need to provide some answers on why you are looking to come here. For example, if you are looking for a big-city atmosphere with tons of nightlife, etc, this is not the place to come in my opnion.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 PM

188 posts, read 1,144,965 times
Where in Michigan are you coming from?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 PM

85 posts, read 297,263 times
Default metro detroit to raliegh

i live in the detroit area ad cant wait to move to raliegh target date feb 08

trying to make it through the end of the year and cant wait to leave michigan

no jobs-i'am maxed out at work so no chance for advancement so i am ready to go

Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 AM

My Fiance and I are moving from Gosse Pointe Woods MI to Raleigh, the 3rd week in march.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:52 AM

63 posts, read 183,131 times
Default Bye Michigan

I hav enot relocated to the Raleigh area yet but I believe I will be in late spring. I am trying to find out everything I can right now before we finalize anything. Where are you moving from in Michigan and why are you thinking about relocating to North Carolina.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM

63 posts, read 183,131 times
Aside from the nightlife being smaller are you happy with your move to N.C. I have lived in Mich my whole life and although I think I'm ready to live it is hard to pick my family up and start over. I am a teacher and it is almost impossible to find a job in Mich, I get emails all the time about a teacher shortage in N.C. I figure that N.C looks like a better place to live then South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, or Florida so I think that we will move there in late spring. Any suggestions for a great town for a family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
I've moved from Michigan to Raleigh.....TWICE! (Once in 1994 and then again a few months ago after going back to Michigan from 1998-2007.) I spent most of my time in Michigan either in the Detroit area or East Lansing.

It's very nice in Raleigh but to answer your question you'd need to provide some answers on why you are looking to come here. For example, if you are looking for a big-city atmosphere with tons of nightlife, etc, this is not the place to come in my opnion.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,181,126 times
A dentist in my dentist's practice just came here.

She was very pleased to be somewhere folks still can afford to see a dentist. She said many collegues were unemployed in MI.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM

225 posts, read 954,615 times
Default We've been down here a year

from MI. We came from Milford area. One of the biggest differences is that Raleigh is much smaller then Metro Detroit area---not a bad thing, but, just not as much going on--if that makes sense. At first it was super hard to navigate the area because nothing is straight--but, nothing a good GPS system won't solve ! Love the weather! Met some really nice friends. Happy with our neighborhood. I guess overall, as hard as it was to leave Michigan (yeah, I'm one of the few who would of stayed--but, we had to eat)...this has been a good place to move too.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 PM

It's pretty bad here, People have been speaking of a potential national recession, Michigan has been in one for the last 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary