Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:39 PM

29 posts, read 93,432 times

Advertisements

Cary or Morrisville. They are extremely close and morrisville schools are great. I lived in Morrisville, Cary, Durham, chapel Hill and is currently living in Raleigh and I would have to say morrisville was my favorite place hands down. My son attended Cedar Fork Elementary and my daugher attended West Cary Middle School. On greatschools.net Cedar Fork received the highest ranking of 10 and West Cary received a 9.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 06:37 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,697,631 times
I would live as close to work as possible

Old 07-29-2007, 11:34 AM

445 posts, read 1,860,193 times
Inside-the-Beltline, North of Wade Ave.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM

579 posts, read 2,864,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrank2109 View Post
Inside-the-Beltline, North of Wade Ave.
Now you are talking! I assume you are talking about the five points area? That is first on my list of places to buy a home when I hit the lottery. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, homes and neighborhoods!

If I was working in Cary and liked Cary (whick I do, some people don't), then Cary, Morrisville, or Apex for sure!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:08 PM

331 posts, read 1,127,417 times
If I worked in Cary I would live in Cary (assuming that my wife didn't work on the other side of creation). Simple as that.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:02 PM

If I worked in Chapel Hill, Clayton, Pittsboro, the planet Mars, I would still try to live ITB - if I could afford it.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:06 PM

43,343 posts, read 77,198,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrank2109 View Post
If I worked in Chapel Hill, Clayton, Pittsboro, the planet Mars, I would still try to live ITB - if I could afford it.
Well, the original question was where would YOU live. I think you nailed that one down.

And I think it is a GREAT selection. I mentioned Olde Raleigh with an eye toward commute, which was not a parameter.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 PM

Mike, You're right about Olde Raleigh - that would be my second choice - convenient to everything.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:45 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,818,233 times
My wife grew up in Wilton. We relo-ed fropm Fairfield, CT in May 2003.

There are a few pockets within Cary that will make sense IMO.

Preston Area if you like a well-manicured golf lifestyle. This is the "showy" part of town IMO. Very convenient location, but airplane noise can be an issue in places like Carpenter Village on the north end of Preston.

Macgregor Downs or Lochmere if you prefer a more "established" neighborhood
(I.E. lots of trees a la Westport/Fairfield) and older (figure 10 to 25 year old) homes. You will see the first few teardowns in our area in Macgregor. Bring your rakes! There are fewer transplants here than in other areas of Cary.

NW Cary (west of NC55) for the next "hot" area and the best proximity to Airport/Southpoint/RTP. Popular neighborhoods include Cary Park, Cameron Pond, Highcroft, Weycroft, possibly the Peninsula @ Amberly, Toll Brothers is also breaking ground big time out that way. This area is highly concentrated with transplanted families-lots of biking,running, neighborhood swim teams, etc-it's the Honda Odyssey capital of Cary.

Penny Road/Regency Park area of Cary for newer upscale construction ( a pretty good concentration of, say, $750K and up homes here). Stanton Place and GreyHawk Landing would be representative of good Neighborhood choices here.

We made our decision based on minimizing my commute after I had done the Fairfield to Greenwich I-95/Merritt drive from hell for 10 years. I go from NW Cary to work in the Regency area within 15 minutes ( I'm going against RTP traffic). I'd stake out where work is going to be and work out from there.

You also might like Sunset Ridge (GOLF!) or Wescott in Holly Springs (we have CT friends who followed us to NC and LOVE living in Sunset Ridge), or Abbington (great family neighborhood, I have many coworkers in there), L'Hermitage at Beaver Creek (a small enclave of Single Family and Townhomes in a great location with a killer clubhouse/fitness center/movie theater), or Bella Casa (beautiful homes in a slightly more rural location) in Apex. Apex in particular has good upside potential because of it's location-some find Holly Springs too remote.

Raleigh has some beautiful areas, but if you are working in Cary I'd look to be in Cary/Apex/Holly Springs.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 AM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post

NW Cary (west of NC55) for the next "hot" area and the best proximity to Airport/Southpoint/RTP. Popular neighborhoods include Cary Park, Cameron Pond, Highcroft, Weycroft, possibly the Peninsula @ Amberly, Toll Brothers is also breaking ground big time out that way. This area is highly concentrated with transplanted families-lots of biking,running, neighborhood swim teams, etc-it's the Honda Odyssey capital of Cary.
I agree with Funky Chicken's list and would also add Copperleaf to it. It's just south of Cary Park and will have surprisingly large lots for new construction in Cary (1/2 to 3/4 acre). Price range is listed at 650k - 1 mil+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary