Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,763,787 times

Advertisements

Saw 2 last night as I was walking my dog...they walked right out behind us, my dog started to growl and lunge a bit and they briskly walked across the street looking at her like they wanted no part. They walked into someones front yard and just kept going.

Call animal control, those things can be rabid and are a danger to neighborhood kids and animals in particular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Because I like to open the bathroom window. If I didn't get rid of it, I was not able to do that.

I know bats are good for mosquito control, but they don't belong in my bathroom window.
I was questioning why they told you to stay far away. It was resting, not exhibiting aggressive behavior.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:57 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Because if I bothered it, it could get aggressive, and it could be rabid. One never knows. "Resting" and beginning to get sick are probably are not easy to differentiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
I was questioning why they told you to stay far away. It was resting, not exhibiting aggressive behavior.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 06-19-2011 at 12:18 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
And more on the Foxes of Cary, from WRAL:

"Stone Creek Greenway closed after fox attacks two people."

Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
So, OP, or should I say, Mr. Fox, did you decide to do anything about the other fox family living at your home?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
One of the agents in my office came in with a photo of a fox. It was in her yard with baby foxes! It seems strange to have all these fox sightings. I don't remember seeing that many in the area as we are now.

Vicki

Old 06-22-2011, 03:21 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
I live in Stone Creek and my husband walks the greenway with our 2 little Shih Tzus twice a day. We receieved a notice from our HOA yesterday informing us of the fox attacks. Foxes are generally timid animals. I'd bet that this fox is rabid, based on it's behavior.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:12 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
If you've been noticing a lot of rabbits in your area over the past few years then foxes will increase too. I've got rabbits all over the place.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2TwinsCary View Post
I have been told that foxes (and coyotes) have become a huge problem over in Preston as well this summer. I also recently heard (but don't know if it is true) that a couple of smaller dogs were attacked and injured or killed in that area by foxes recently.
No surprise about an increase in fox activity in Preston. Consider the number of acres of habitat that just got completely razed for the new Target. The displaced wildlife are trying to find somewhere to go. I'm sure they'll get killed off eventually and we'll forget all about them while walking the paved cart path through the picturesque woodland to Target.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:21 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
That's probably the best thing to do. But it's so sad that when you do, they are eventually killed. By law.

I don't know if rabies are a BIG problem yet. I know rabies was spreading down from the north and up from the south, and it was destined to eventually be a big problem here. I don't know if we're "there" yet.

Maybe we are. It looks like raccoons are a bigger problem according to this map: http://www.bah.state.mn.us/diseases/rabies/images/rabies-map.gif (broken link)
Considering that we have laws that every dog and cat must be vaccinated against rabies and it is still a chronic problem I think we've been 'there' for a very long time. Very interesting disease!

Rabies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary