Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:43 AM

133 posts, read 331,380 times

Advertisements

I've noticed what looks like two new restaurants in town when driving around. One looks to be a renovation of a former restaurant in front of Trader Joe's on Kildaire - next to Boston Market.

The other looks like a brand new building in the parking lot in front of Harris Teater in the Wal-Mart shopping center Kildaire. This looks to be a new building along the lines of a fast food type restaurant.

Anyone know what is going in both locations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 11:48 AM

455 posts, read 918,947 times
The one in front of Trader Joe's will be a wing place. Forget which chain it is, but you can see the sign in the window from Kildaire Farm Road.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
I'm looking forward to that wing place. There really aren't many bars in that area and now I'll have one I can walk to

Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

100 posts, read 290,368 times
I've been curious to know what's going in the building in front of Harris Teeter too. I tried googling it but didn't find anything. I ended up running into that Harris Teeter this morning and drove past the building, it looks like it might be a carwash. It has garage doors on either side of the building and one whole side covered in windows. Anybody know for sure?

Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adb71 View Post
I've been curious to know what's going in the building in front of Harris Teeter too. I tried googling it but didn't find anything. I ended up running into that Harris Teeter this morning and drove past the building, it looks like it might be a carwash. It has garage doors on either side of the building and one whole side covered in windows. Anybody know for sure?
That's it.

It is a Carwash.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 AM

21 posts, read 28,070 times
The restaurant that is going in front of Trader Joes is called Hurricane Grill and Wings. Not sure when it opens but saw the sign in the window.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb225 View Post
The restaurant that is going in front of Trader Joes is called Hurricane Grill and Wings. Not sure when it opens but saw the sign in the window.
Menu | Hurricane Grill & Wings

Based on what I saw from the link, I'd give them 6 months, max. Just didn't look unique enough to me for people to try, be "wowed" and then remember to return when there are so many great options already out there. Based on the pictures, it looked like there are better chains and independents available.

Obviously, I have not eaten there, but the food looked very "manufactured", and did not seem all that unique to me.

~Just one person's opinion. Hope I'm wrong.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 AM

1,737 posts, read 2,573,818 times
I think another new restaurant is going in off Cary Parkway where the Stonewood Grill used to be

Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM

455 posts, read 918,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
I think another new restaurant is going in off Cary Parkway where the Stonewood Grill used to be
That will be Rockwell's American Grill, from Rocky Top Hospitality(Tribeca Tavern, Draft, Twisted Fork, the late Red Room).

I'm a huge Tribeca Tavern fan, so I'll be there as soon as they open.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:07 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Menu | Hurricane Grill & Wings

Based on what I saw from the link, I'd give them 6 months, max. Just didn't look unique enough to me for people to try, be "wowed" and then remember to return when there are so many great options already out there. Based on the pictures, it looked like there are better chains and independents available.

Obviously, I have not eaten there, but the food looked very "manufactured", and did not seem all that unique to me.

~Just one person's opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
To be honest, as long as it has a decent bar I think it will do fine. The only other bar in that area really is Hibernian and their bar is overpriced imo. It will be good to have some competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary