Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 12,956 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I've read a lot this forum and I know this question has been asked a lot however I was hoping for a current take. We are interested in a established kid friendly community that has pre construction custom homes with reputable builders.

Our range is 500-700

Some that we have read about are green crossing, Highcroft village and Hortons creek. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texpete View Post
Hi everyone,

I've read a lot this forum and I know this question has been asked a lot however I was hoping for a current take. We are interested in a established kid friendly community that has pre construction custom homes with reputable builders.

Our range is 500-700

Some that we have read about are green crossing, Highcroft village and Hortons creek. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Of those, Highcroft Village offers custom homes. Toll and Baker are higher end tract builders, each with their own merits.

Baker will also be building in the $550,000--$700,000+ range in their new subdivision Wrenhurst at Cary Park. Nice feature is the .3 to .5 acre lots, when it is so hard to find those sizes in new construction.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 02-27-2012 at 08:17 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 05:44 AM

513 posts, read 1,605,504 times
you can get one of the bigger houses on bigger lots in HV for the higher end of your budget. we have been here 3 years and love it. tons of kids and everyone hangs out together. poker nights, bunco, parties, pool pot luck dinners,....

Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshallen View Post
you can get one of the bigger houses on bigger lots in HV for the higher end of your budget. we have been here 3 years and love it. tons of kids and everyone hangs out together. poker nights, bunco, parties, pool pot luck dinners,....
Yes, and with a custom build, too.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 AM

3 posts, read 9,141 times
look at weycroft.....custom homes for that price range.....

Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Thanks for responses, greatly appreciated.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
This may be an odd suggestion to throw out, but here goes...

If you're relocating to the area and not a local (as in never lived here, no family here, may transfer out of state in less than 10 years)?

Pay VERY close attention to resales of houses in that price bracket.

Not to buy, as it sounds like you've decided on new.

But, on how to determine a wise budget. That bracket doesn't move with the same speed that homes under 500k seem to move.

Not an issue if you're retiring to the area, but may well be if you ever have to sell.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 AM

We have looked into a few of these. We are most intersted in Wrehhurst off of Cary Park. Anyone care to share feedback about cary park or the area where they are builidng wrenhurst subdivision?

So far everything we saw and or have read has been very positive for raising a family. Pool/clubhouse/lake community look perfect for us.

The school system and placement options do concern us as we would be likely relocating at the end of the summer. I have read the multple threads concering the new policy and realize this may be an issue.

Is it safe to assume that schools closest to cary park (Highcroft or Mills Park Elementary) will be filled? I will have two kids in elementary school that would starting in the fall?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM

297 posts, read 740,908 times
I don't know what to say about school availability for those moving here this summer. You'll need to contact the schools or WCPSS about that (personally, I would start with the schools first just to see what they say). If you do get in the area schools, it's super convenient and your kids will have tons of friends in the neighborhood.

As far as the CP area, we love it. It's a great place for kids - there are tons - and common spaces are comfortable and accessible. The new playground at the clubhouse is great fun for elementary aged children. The CP pool is very affordable and easy going for families. We enjoy the greenway system around the lake. The greenway connects to the shopping center across Green Level Church Rd. as well, so you can ride your bikes there without having to cross GLC directly (punishing hill, though!). We have gone by bike to the American Tobacco Trail several times, but we'd like to see a safer path from CP, or at the very least a bike path along New Hope Rd., otherwise, that's great riding. Our kids have played in rec leagues in the area and practices have been nearby for the most part - Morrisville, Green Hope schools area, etc.

If you require shopping in the immediate area, you should know that for shopping-shopping, you'll need to drive to Beaver Creek (about 10-12 minutes south), the Streets at Southpoint (about 18 minutes NW), Briar Creek (about 20 minutes N on 540), or other spots in the Triangle. There's a lot to choose from, but it's not outside the back door so to speak.

In a few years, Morrisville Parkway is supposed to connect to the CP/Greystone area, which is going to be a great connector for us. There is also a 540 access planned for Morrisville Pkwy.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 PM

Thank you for the response and information NOS. We are looking forward to being part of the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary