Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:00 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,598,158 times

Advertisements

Not sure how it happened , but somehow our company is flush with cash and is allowing our department to take an afternoon off to blow off some steam. We're trying to come up with a place to go, and/or activity to participate in, that will be fun and will also teach us to work better as a team. There are about 20 of us (all men, except for one woman, and one of the guys is in a wheel chair). Last year we went to Falls Lake for a picnic, water skiing, and a few team building exercises ("acid river", "nuclear waste", and "helium stick"). Any other ideas? Out budget is small but we have the whole afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Not sure how it happened , but somehow our company is flush with cash and is allowing our department to take an afternoon off to blow off some steam. We're trying to come up with a place to go, and/or activity to participate in, that will be fun and will also teach us to work better as a team. There are about 20 of us (all men, except for one woman, and one of the guys is in a wheel chair). Last year we went to Falls Lake for a picnic, water skiing, and a few team building exercises ("acid river", "nuclear waste", and "helium stick"). Any other ideas? Out budget is small but we have the whole afternoon.
Maybe all 20 of you could go to the Flying Saucer and each drink 10 different beers so you can reach the 200 total required to get your own "Saucer" on the wall. You can put your team name on the saucer! How's that for team building!

Sorry, I guess that isn't very helpful.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,219 times
Challenge Course (http://www.townofcary.org/depts/prdept/sports/challengecourse.htm - broken link)

Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
No it wasn't, but I like how your mind works

Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM

693 posts, read 2,760,582 times
go-kart? .

Old 09-20-2007, 09:16 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,963,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Maybe all 20 of you could go to the Flying Saucer and each drink 10 different beers so you can reach the 200 total required to get your own "Saucer" on the wall. You can put your team name on the saucer! How's that for team building!

I like it! My workplace needs such an outing.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:33 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,219 times
My work did the go-karts in Garner last year as a major milestone celebration. It was really, really cool. Not perhaps the best "team building", but just a ton of fun. We have a golf outing coming up soon, which should be fun. I've never done the ropes course above that I linked, but I've heard some good things about it. It truly is a "team building" type experience.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
Actually my daughter's middle school trip is to a 4-H ropes course facility in NC for a teambuilding weekend It is neat that there is one accessible right here in Cary. Could a person in a wheelchair do it though? The OP mentioned that htere was one person in a wheelchair. I looked over the website for the Bond Park course and it does say that it can be modified for special needs.
Sounds neat and close by.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We already have the ropes course and go-karts on our list of ideas. We also thought about helping out at Habitat for Humanity for the day. Other ideas from our group were bowling, lunch and a movie (I don't see how that is team building), laser tag, and sky diving .

Keep the ideas coming!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:34 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,128 times
Previous employer I used to work for, we used to have them at Frankies in Raleigh.

They have a group package, totally worth it!!! We did a contest of who could beat who at video games, go karts, putt-putt, etc. The grand winner won $250 cash.

It was sooo much fun!!!!
Frankie's Fun Park - Raleigh, NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary