Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

These pictures are of a very upscale neighborhood called Devon. It is located in North Raleigh North of I-540 just off of Durant road. I have included a map below indicating the general location of this neighborhood.

I did a quick search of this neighborhood on realtor.com and it looks like the prices for these homes start at 1 million and go up from there. From what I saw it looks like this neighborhood may be completely built with most of the homes were built somewhere between 2001 and 2007.Although it may not look like it from the pictures I took, I believe most of these homes are on at least 1 acre of land.

This neighborhood made me feel very poor! I kept waiting for Homer Simpson’s Boss, Mr. Burns to come out of one of these homes and shout “Release the Hounds”!

Hope you enjoy the Pictures.

These pictures were taken on September 21, 2007.

Map Showing Location of Devon Neighborhood

Entrance to the Development

Pictures of various Houses in the neighborhood

View Looking Down the Street

More Houses

Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 04:36 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,357,618 times
Devon probably is built out. They used to have several homes during the Parade of Homes, and I traipsed through quite. As big as the houses look in the pictures, they are that much bigger inside: servant quarters, complete with kitchens; home theaters that seat 16-20 people; exercise rooms that put gyms to shame, etc. A complete blast to visit, but I know I couldn't afford the upkeep, much less the home!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:23 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
I could open a hotel in one of those.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Devon probably is built out. They used to have several homes during the Parade of Homes, and I traipsed through quite. As big as the houses look in the pictures, they are that much bigger inside: servant quarters, complete with kitchens; home theaters that seat 16-20 people; exercise rooms that put gyms to shame, etc. A complete blast to visit, but I know I couldn't afford the upkeep, much less the home!
I know! Some of these are like 9,000 sq feet! Holy Cow!

There heating and cooling Bills are probably more than my mortgage! I don't begrudge the wealthy, but I am curious what the residents of that neighborhood do for a living!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,519,220 times
Love the trees and lushness of it all. And can ya tell these folks have irrigation?

Old 09-22-2007, 09:34 AM

70 posts, read 255,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

There heating and cooling Bills are probably more than my mortgage! I don't begrudge the wealthy, but I am curious what the residents of that neighborhood do for a living!
Yes a few even approach 12,000 sq ft in Devon, gut you can find much larger homes in Wake County. On the subject of heating and cooling bills, the traditional white brick house (3rd picture) actually has a very enery efficient air conditioning system that supposedly keeps down monthly bills to about $180 a month. Amazing for a four story, 10,000 square foot house.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycorc View Post
On the subject of heating and cooling bills, the traditional white brick house (3rd picture) actually has a very enery efficient air conditioning system that supposedly keeps down monthly bills to about $180 a month. Amazing for a four story, 10,000 square foot house.
I agree. If that is correct it truly is an engineering marvel. I wonder how much a unit like that costs?

Old 09-26-2007, 11:42 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,104,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

One of the residents is the President of US Pharmaceuticals at GlaxoSmithKline.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 PM

30 posts, read 110,644 times
Default Too many houses for sale?

Drove by Devon over the weekend, and saw at least 4 "For sale" signs on the same street. We also saw what appeared to be an empty lot for sale. Looked it up online and saw that there are 7 houses for sale, 5 of them on the same street. This subdivision is not that big, can anyone speculate as to what is going on?

Old 11-23-2008, 07:10 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,247,141 times
To me, the most amazing part of these photos is that someone a mile from my own (much smaller) house is keeping palm trees alive in their yard! How? I want a palm tree, dang it. Maybe they're just so rich they just buy a new tree every season when they keep dying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary