Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:21 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
My husband loves Aubrey's & Peedies Grill in Wendell. This is an old-school hamburger/hot dog joint. No fancy plates or utensils, cash only.
Indeed...they have a good hotdog. Breakfast at Aubrey's and Peedie's is hard to beat too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 04:01 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
Hot dogs? Jones Lunch on Main Street in Clayton is the best. Opened in 1958.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
LOL, indeed "friendly" service. Don't you even dare ask for ketchup. NO! NO! NO!
Makes me want to experience Wiener Circle in Chicago.
Why on Earth would you ever want to ruin a perfectly good hot dog with ketchup? As for service, George has never been anything but nice to me and my wife, even the first time we both went there. His occasional scraps with his mother (sweet woman, but definitely starting to slip) aside, it's a great lunch spot.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 AM

545 posts, read 1,604,677 times
I haven't been there in a few years, but Grill 57 in Garner used to have good grilled hot dogs.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Why on Earth would you ever want to ruin a perfectly good hot dog with ketchup? As for service, George has never been anything but nice to me and my wife, even the first time we both went there. His occasional scraps with his mother (sweet woman, but definitely starting to slip) aside, it's a great lunch spot.
I've never had a "problem" with him either, but you have to admit, it's kinda "quirky" there. My favorite is the price list. (I probably have the prices wrong, but the concept is...)

1 for $2
2 for $4
3 for $6
[snip]
11 for $22

It's kinda funny, why not just say $2 per dog.

And my comments are in fun, and actually sincere that it adds to the character of the place. Not bashing them, I think most people comment about the "friendly service" with a smile and a warm spot in their heart. The hot-dogs are not that great, but it's a Raleigh Institution.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Why on Earth would you ever want to ruin a perfectly good hot dog with ketchup?
because some of us may prefer ketchup?
or at least having the freedom/option if we want it?
and not be told that we can't?

wow what a novel thought

Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Now, I want a hot dog. Sheesh.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
because some of us may prefer ketchup?
or at least having the freedom/option if we want it?
and not be told that we can't?

wow what a novel thought
Remember Seinfeld and the Soup Natzi??? I think of them as the "hot dog natzi"!!! I like it! It is one of those places that you just go with it! Or not!

Vicki

Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times
Vicki - wait until you find the secret hot dog recipe and go back and proclaim "No hot dog for you! Next!!" Haha.

So when are we all going to get together for a Hot Dog run? All this talk is making me hungry.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Remember Seinfeld and the Soup Natzi??? I think of them as the "hot dog natzi"!!! I like it! It is one of those places that you just go with it! Or not!

Vicki
I don't think of it as Naziish. I think of it as in keeping with proper hot dog etiquette as per the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council - Hot Dog Etiquette

Quote:
Don't...
Use ketchup on your hot dog after the age of 18.
Mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili are acceptable.
And besides...Dirty Harry agrees with him. So you gotta ask yourself...do you feel lucky?

Dirty Harry on Hot Dogs - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary