Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:19 PM

173 posts, read 312,849 times

Advertisements

What happened to that new guy they had for a while - Ellic or something? When they are talking, its usually just Bob and the two girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 06:51 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb3589 View Post
What happened to that new guy they had for a while - Ellic or something? When they are talking, its usually just Bob and the two girls.
He still seems to occasionally interject, but not often. They also seem to have this other guy "Catholic Joe" on there a lot. Not even sure when he started or why, or what they think he adds to the show.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:04 PM

21 posts, read 140,743 times
Basically, by 9, the show is over...you are correct, minimal talking thereafter.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:28 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
They all talk like hicks, are homophobic, and are low brow. As a native of the Triangle I proclaim that they are a huge embarrassment to the area. Their target audience, however, is the surrounding rural areas so they probably extol exactly what listeners want to hear.

I tuned in one morning to hear them rebroadcasting Erica and Peanut Butter (ridiculous handle) talking about their dogs sniffing their private parts (between 2 overweight thighs) Gag!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:10 PM

386 posts, read 436,132 times
Thank God the feed for Rock 92.3 in Greensboro is pretty strong over most of raleigh. Two Guys Named Chris are way better than anything i have found locally.

havent listened to Showgram in probably ten years.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:37 PM

527 posts, read 686,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
They all talk like hicks, are homophobic, and are low brow. As a native of the Triangle I proclaim that they are a huge embarrassment to the area. Their target audience, however, is the surrounding rural areas so they probably extol exactly what listeners want to hear.

I tuned in one morning to hear them rebroadcasting Erica and Peanut Butter (ridiculous handle) talking about their dogs sniffing their private parts (between 2 overweight thighs) Gag!
Yikes. Harsh, but unfortunately, really true. Every time I have tried to give that show a chance over the years, I find myself becoming irate with the horrible things that are said. NO thank you!

Old 12-17-2014, 07:45 PM

766 posts, read 1,657,718 times
I listened to the show for years, but I would get angry and stop periodically. It got boring after Kristen left so I listened less and when the fired Mike I stopped completely. I turned to G105.1 between 9-10 a few months back by mistake and noticed only music, so I thought maybe they had put the show out of it's misery. I looked it up online and found this on Wikipedia...

"In the spring of 2014 the last hour of Bob and the Showgram was stripped and replaced by, "The Class Reunion" dedicated to classic hits from the 80's, 90's, and early 00's. After months of listener dissatisfaction with "The Class Reunion," the last hour was replaced with music all together."

Erica was cool as the intern, but as a co-host nooooo...Peanut Butter was just boring.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:34 AM

204 posts, read 383,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetbutt View Post
Thank God the feed for Rock 92.3 in Greensboro is pretty strong over most of raleigh. Two Guys Named Chris are way better than anything i have found locally.

havent listened to Showgram in probably ten years.
I could not agree more, and my timeline is about the same. 2GNC is the best thing going on the radio in the mornings. They don't rely on stupid gags, and shocking behavior. It is just a crew of funny and interesting people who genuinely get a long.

The show certainly makes my long morning commutes much better!

Old 12-19-2014, 06:59 AM

527 posts, read 686,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
I listened to the show for years, but I would get angry and stop periodically. It got boring after Kristen left so I listened less and when the fired Mike I stopped completely. I turned to G105.1 between 9-10 a few months back by mistake and noticed only music, so I thought maybe they had put the show out of it's misery. I looked it up online and found this on Wikipedia...

"In the spring of 2014 the last hour of Bob and the Showgram was stripped and replaced by, "The Class Reunion" dedicated to classic hits from the 80's, 90's, and early 00's. After months of listener dissatisfaction with "The Class Reunion," the last hour was replaced with music all together."

Erica was cool as the intern, but as a co-host nooooo...Peanut Butter was just boring.
Ah, ok, I knew I wasn't imagining things. I wonder if it was for just being offensive in general? I wonder when they'll replace that show. I hate for those folks to be out of a job, and hope that they will flourish elsewhere, but they are just awful.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:30 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
The last time I randomly had G105 on and heard any of the Showgram several months or a year back, I did hear Bob ranting a bit about how he was getting pressure from the higher ups to play more (or any) music. I guess the change at 9 is part of that push.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary