Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,656,512 times

Advertisements

So...the school board just p!ssed away $250K and still won't tell us the reason why?

Disagreement, really? I thought these were adults running the school board. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 AM

387 posts, read 1,046,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
http://www.wral.com/news/education/w...ment/11591717/

http://www.wcpss.net/announcements2/...ols-forweb.pdf

And Susan Evans stated in an email that she thought Tata was a dolphin that "breathed through an a__hole on top of its head".

Speechless! Absolutely speechless!
Well, to be fair, I saw some personality issues in Tata (arrogance, for instance) that I didn't like, and I'm just a parent who saw him sporadically when he addressed our school. Who knows what he was like behind closed doors?

I always gave Tata credit, though, for his money-saving ideas.

Susan Evans is certainly entitled to her opinion. I wouldn't put it in an email though!

I think if the problem were just personality clashes, he should've been put on notice. We wasted a lot of money on this firing.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,162,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Do you think the Democratic majority is getting the reaction from the public and the media that they expected? I'm not seeing much support expressed for their move, even among media outlets that had been critical of the prior Republican majority.
I have a feeling they thought everyone was going to be like, "YAY the wicked witch is dead!" Yeah no. You just threw away even MORE money we don't have in the first place. I'm as liberal as it gets and even I want to see this entire school board disposed of. Let's start fresh with completely new people. They should understand since that's what they seem to want to do every two years with the superintendent.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 AM

449 posts, read 700,625 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish
I would not hold kids and families hostage in unacceptable facilities as a response to a disagreement in the school board.

Enough students joined the WCPSS this year to fill a complement of ES/MS/HS buildings which do not exist, and to further deny facilities out of pique with leadership does not serve those kids.

A bond in November or Spring, 2013, neither of which will happen, would result in buildings 2 1/2--3 years from now.
We are not even in the position of planning, except to plan how to try to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Well said Mike. I too am disappointed by the actions taken today, but I am also shocked at the short sighted reactionary comments by some of the folks on this forum. Really, it is starting to look like the golo section on the wral website ... And that doesn't do anybody any good.
Hear, hear, both of you. Watching the glee from some on this board is sad. Charleston Guy is alive and well in the guise of others still here.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,877,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
Well, to be fair, I saw some personality issues in Tata (arrogance, for instance) that I didn't like, and I'm just a parent who saw him sporadically when he addressed our school. Who knows what he was like behind closed doors?

I always gave Tata credit, though, for his money-saving ideas.

Susan Evans is certainly entitled to her opinion. I wouldn't put it in an email though!

I think if the problem were just personality clashes, he should've been put on notice. We wasted a lot of money on this firing.
Not liking someones personality is not grounds for dismissal. Some of the most surly individuals are the greatest leaders/managers because they get results. Unfortunately, some people like to be stroked and told how important they are before buying in.

Thank Debra Goldman for her vote. BTW, that seat that you want for your kid by moving into the Davis Drive feeder pattern has been taken by Goldman's kid. Have a nice day.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:44 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,078,212 times
what a bunch of yahoos. Anyone who moves here and has kids, make sure you go to Chapel Hill, Durham or Orange counties! Even Johnston or Franklin. Stay far far away from Wake.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,656,512 times
So...I have to send my child to school every year with paper towels, pens and other school supplies.

But the school board can find $250K for a partisan vote.

This is the last year my son brings ANYTHING to school. If the school board can find $250K for partisan issues, they can surely find the money for paper towels and pens.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:56 AM

387 posts, read 1,046,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Not liking someones personality is not grounds for dismissal. Some of the most surly individuals are the greatest leaders/managers because they get results. Unfortunately, some people like to be stroked and told how important they are before buying in.

Thank Debra Goldman for her vote. BTW, that seat that you want for your kid by moving into the Davis Drive feeder pattern has been taken by Goldman's kid. Have a nice day.
I didn't say he should've been fired for a bad personality. I said he should've been put on notice. Like, a lot of us feel that you're too abrasive and you need to work on that. I just said the board member who called him an a-hole is entitled to her opinion, although she showed poor judgement putting it in an email.

Personally I was not in favor of firing him.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,877,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
I didn't say he should've been fired for a bad personality. I said he should've been put on notice. Like, a lot of us feel that you're too abrasive and you need to work on that. I just said the board member who called him an a-hole is entitled to her opinion, although she showed poor judgement putting it in an email.

Personally I was not in favor of firing him.

Hearsay regarding Tata. More than likely, the Liberals on the board got their panties in a bunch when he was hired and when they took the majority, his fate was sealed. All at the expense of the taxpayers and children.

As far as myself, I don't see it as being abrasive, I see it as a no-nonsense approach to life. If someone needs to be stroked, they should turn to their spouse, not a message board.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM

735 posts, read 1,585,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
She was the first name I shouted at the TV when I saw the firing on WRAL last night. I put this fiasco squarely on her shoulders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary