Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,830,309 times

Advertisements

I've not had problems with the parking lot. It seems pretty much normal to me. The left turn off of Maynard into the parking lot is the worst part and that's never too bad.

I'd be interested to know just what your definition of "worse" is since I don't have experience at that Walgreen's pre-Aldi. Do they loiter in the parking lot, trash the store, shoplift, harass other customers, vandalize cars, etc? From the perhaps two times I've been to the Walgreens plus the countless times I've been to the Aldi, the customers seem to be normal people, but maybe I missed something.

Last edited by orulz; 10-23-2012 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
I've not had problems with the parking lot. It seems pretty much normal to me. The left turn off of Maynard into the parking lot is the worst part and that's never too bad.

I'd be interested to know just what your definition of "worse" is since I don't have experience at that Walgreen's pre-Aldi. Do they loiter in the parking lot, trash the store, shoplift, harass other customers, vandalize cars, etc? From the perhaps two times I've been to the Walgreens plus the countless times I've been to the Aldi, the customers seem to be normal people, but maybe I missed something.
They loiter in the parking lot. At the Walgreens and the gas station in front of it. Before, you just didn't see that. And, it's gotten worse over the past couple of years.

It's Cary. It's not horrible and it isn't scary. It's just different and I don't particularly care for it.

Hell, it may not be related to the Aldi.

I have nothing against cheap groceries as long as one makes healthy choices, but I'm very picky over expiration dates and rarely buy anything but toiletries in bulk, so I have about zero interest in stores like Aldi.

If they work well for others, that's great.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:36 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,937,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
I guess I must be in the minority then. I did not move to Cary so that I could be hopefully closer to overpriced overrated groceries.
Affirmative...give us a little variety and break the HT stranglehold.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 PM

71 posts, read 180,560 times
I love Aldi. I dont go to the one in Cary as often b/c it isnt the closest to me. But Ive never noticed anything "bad" the times I have. And Aldi is not a "dented" foods type of grocery store. Things are in date. I believe the same owners of TJ's own Aldi. Ive been very happy with alot of there baking and dairy products. And they often have specialty cheeses and great prices. Plus I find there produce very very affordable, allowing my large family the opportunity to eat better on a tight budget. Granted sometimes the produce is hit or miss, but Ive been finding lately that HT produce being very hit or miss lately.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Lori Bush, the Cary council member, wrote a piece on her blog that is also featured over at Cary Citizen about Parkside Rown Commons with some updates. Target is set for March 2014 opening. There will be a theater and probably a grocery, but no name on the grocery store yet. (but it's way too big to be a Food Lion or an Aldi )

Parkside Town Commons - Lori Bush - Cary Town Council, At-Large Representative

Lori Bush: Parkside Town Commons | CaryCitizen

Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,863,564 times
Very informative post and great information. But I think Lori Bush needs some help in map reading as she has the arrow to Apex heading towards Durham and the Durham arrow towards Apex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Lori Bush, the Cary council member, wrote a piece on her blog that is also featured over at Cary Citizen about Parkside Rown Commons with some updates. Target is set for March 2014 opening. There will be a theater and probably a grocery, but no name on the grocery store yet. (but it's way too big to be a Food Lion or an Aldi )

Parkside Town Commons - Lori Bush - Cary Town Council, At-Large Representative

Lori Bush: Parkside Town Commons | CaryCitizen

Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,937,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
Very informative post and great information. But I think Lori Bush needs some help in map reading as she has the arrow to Apex heading towards Durham and the Durham arrow towards Apex.
She must have read your post and fixed it because they's pointin the right way now.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:33 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
Great read! Also nice to see some solid projection dates and its good to see they've possibly backed off on another Harris Teeter!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
I wouldn't read that much into it regarding HT. What other stores are expanding? Maybe Walmart neighborhood grocery, but seems unlikely given the Target there.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM

173 posts, read 312,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I wouldn't read that much into it regarding HT. What other stores are expanding? Maybe Walmart neighborhood grocery, but seems unlikely given the Target there.
Maybe it'll be a Wegmans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary