Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 PM

7 posts, read 25,378 times

Advertisements

Anybody have experience with Harmony pulte in cary?
Iam looking for information like
Schools
Airplane noise
is the price is reasonable? ( Kb home base prices looks good ,I heard KB homes needs more upgrades. Kitts creek have nice standards like Granite kitchen countertop, Hardwood Floor on the first floor, but it has some issues like, the lot is smaller, visitor car parking problems)
How about Harmony?
anyone who lives there or building house could help me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 04:30 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
I've driven through there and like the location. I would be careful with Pulte though. We bought a house from them last summer in what was Pulte's most expensive neighborhood in the area (houses range from $450k to $750k). Almost everyone we dealt with from Pulte was extremely dishonest. We've had eight customer service representatives in just over a year. The hardwoods are engineered (because the houses are slab) and are very poor quality. They dent easily and the least bit of moisture causes water damage. The HOA dues started low but need to be doubled from where they started to pay for maintenance. If you do like Harmony, be aware that dealing with Pulte will be extremely frustrating.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:18 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
The only current MLS listing in Harmony is a hair over 400K for 3400 SF.

I'd much rather be in Weldon Ridge @ $115 per square foot, and Orleans, while not at the top of my list, easily trumps Pulte.

At the risk of offending anyone I have a real hard time thinking of KB and Pulte as builders of anything "upscale". Once you get to 400K and up there are many other choices in West Cary that will give you better service and a better built home.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
The only current MLS listing in Harmony is a hair over 400K for 3400 SF.

I'd much rather be in Weldon Ridge @ $115 per square foot, and Orleans, while not at the top of my list, easily trumps Pulte.

At the risk of offending anyone I have a real hard time thinking of KB and Pulte as builders of anything "upscale". Once you get to 400K and up there are many other choices in West Cary that will give you better service and a better built home.
Pulte has built some arguably upscale homes in Cary. They are not by any means comparable to John Wieland homes, but there are many homes in my neighborhood well above $600k (which is around the average price of the 90 homes in our neighborhood).

Old 10-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
Pulte has built some arguably upscale homes in Cary. They are not by any means comparable to John Wieland homes, but there are many homes in my neighborhood well above $600k (which is around the average price of the 90 homes in our neighborhood).
I know that Pulte does build in that range, but I don't think they provide a $600,000 homebuilding experience nearly as well as John Wieland or some local custom builders do (Ange, Bluepoint, Homescape being a couple of examples). Part of what your money should buy you is an attentive, customer focused experience-it's more than the finishes and materials quality.

If my budget was 600K +/-, I'd want a different experience than the one most people who built with Pulte seem to have had. That's all I'm saying.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I know that Pulte does build in that range, but I don't think they provide a $600,000 homebuilding experience nearly as well as John Wieland or some local custom builders do (Ange, Bluepoint, Homescape being a couple of examples). Part of what your money should buy you is an attentive, customer focused experience-it's more than the finishes and materials quality.

If my budget was 600K +/-, I'd want a different experience than the one most people who built with Pulte seem to have had. That's all I'm saying.
I hear you. I have always felt that Pulte is over its head at this price point in this area. It's just in this area what costs $600k from Pulte would run you $750k from John Wieland (we're right next to Glenkirk). For some people it's worth it, for other's it's not (or it's not in their budget). We looked at this and a Centex community in Cary. The houses were priced comparably with similar features but we liked this neighborhood better. This neighborhood has sold very well (87 of the 89 homes sold in about 2 years) and three of the four resales have seen appreciation of almost $100k.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
I hear you. I have always felt that Pulte is over its head at this price point in this area. It's just in this area what costs $600k from Pulte would run you $750k from John Wieland (we're right next to Glenkirk). For some people it's worth it, for other's it's not (or it's not in their budget). We looked at this and a Centex community in Cary. The houses were priced comparably with similar features but we liked this neighborhood better. This neighborhood has sold very well (87 of the 89 homes sold in about 2 years) and three of the four resales have seen appreciation of almost $100k.
I know exactly where you are, and your location is just awesome! I'm more of a West of NC55 guy myself so my Wieland reference point is Southbridge, which isn't quite as spendy as Glenkirk-you can still get into Southbridge in the low 600s if the location works for you.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:36 PM

49 posts, read 162,688 times
is anyone visit pulte about their Monster sale. How is it? Is it really a sale!!.
what would to happen to wait until December starts?. if they are very keen close certain houses in 2007, will they give again one more sale?

Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM

I don't know, but you can only have so many sales before people catch on that they're not really sales. I drive by the monster sale home in my neighborhood (one of two remaining inventory homes that Pulte decorated for Halloween). Again, maybe I'm wrong but they're trying to move inventory homes and I doubt that they would take an offer during the sale that wouldn't make sense for them to accept before or after the sale.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 PM

49 posts, read 162,688 times
I am too frustated with pulte and their mortgage .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary