Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,436,750 times

Advertisements

My friend found this dog today. It's a beautiful tri-colored dog - looks like an Austailian Shepherd. Pic attached.
Dog found  - pic here. Please help.-wendy-rescue.jpg
This is a post she placed on Facebook. I've told her to try local rescues such as Saving Grace etc.

"Rescued dog from busy road: Possum Track Rd and Honeycutt Rd in Raleigh. Only a shock collar. No ID. No tail. Jumped into car. Seems sweet but we are not keeping it. Dont know male or female. Posted on Triangle lost pets and craigs list. Anyone interested in him? Taking to Wake County shelter tomorrow."

Just found out it is a female.

Last edited by ljd1010; 01-04-2013 at 05:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,313,740 times
If it had a shock collar, then it obviously belongs to someone. Please, whatever you do, don't take it to a kill shelter. Wake County shelter is a kill shelter.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 PM

I posted this for my friend who found the dog today. She brought the dog home. She is a dog lover and would never bring it to a kill shelter. She said the dog looks well cared for and is well nourished,

The shock collar is empty - no batteries.

Tomorrow, my friend plans on bringing the dog to her vet to see if she has a microchip. Then she'll head back to where she found the dog roaming and ask around if anyone has seen her before. The dog was found on a very busy road. My friend was worried she'd get hit so she opened her casr door and the dog immediately jumped in!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,313,740 times
Thank you. It sounded like she was going to just drop it off at a shelter tomorrow. I hope she is able to find the owner.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,028,505 times
She could call some of the vets in the area.
Bowman- Creedmoor Rd
Bayleaf- Six Forks

People often let them know when they are searching for a dog in the area..

Let me know before you take it to the shelter. I live near where she found it and could
keep it while searching for the owner. Someone is looking hard for that dog I am sure.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,365,377 times
She should also take it to a vet to have it checked for an ID chip. They can wave the wand over the back neck area of the dog to see if an ID chip was implanted. If so, finding the owner is quite easy.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,483,334 times
We would also be willing to take her if need be. We are experienced Aussie owners. We have one now (fixed male who has been pining for a companion) and a 1/2 acre fenced yard. PM me if you need a place for her.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,724,166 times
make sure you get something up on Craigslist . .I've had a lot of success there.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
She could call some of the vets in the area.
Bowman- Creedmoor Rd
Bayleaf- Six Forks

People often let them know when they are searching for a dog in the area..

Let me know before you take it to the shelter. I live near where she found it and could
keep it while searching for the owner. Someone is looking hard for that dog I am sure.
Kelly, I forwarded this message to my friend! Thanks so much for your offer to help. I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
We would also be willing to take her if need be. We are experienced Aussie owners. We have one now (fixed male who has been pining for a companion) and a 1/2 acre fenced yard. PM me if you need a place for her.
pegotty - you are so wonderful to offer your help. I just emailed my friend. If she is unable to find the owner, I may just call you. She and her husband are in their 60's and the husband is currently undergoing radiation treatment at Duke. They already have a large dog and given their current situation, cannot keep this one. Thanks again for being so kind.

Tried to rep you but I've done it too frequently already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary