Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 07:19 AM
anj anj started this thread

41 posts, read 146,953 times

Advertisements

It is true that the community is on the landing side and apparently affected when only runway 5 is used. They did show us the decibel range and twin lakes fell in the second zone ( the second zone being further away) I think you need to personally assess this and decide if it will truly bother you. Visit at different times of the day and hang outside for awhile. I also found that when I returned home to LI and was hanging around my house I heard plane after plane...almost comical...I think I was just in tune to hearing every noise now!! Good luck and enjoy your trip!! If you think I can help you with any other info feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2006, 07:41 PM

4 posts, read 10,816 times
Took some clients out to Twin Creeks this past Monday. The townhouses are really moving slowly and the builder is offering incentives to the tune of about $18,000 PLUS giving buyers $10,000 to Room to Go. I also heard the houses have incentives. The onsite sales person said they range from about $10,000 to $30,000. I have a feeling when spring rolls around, Twin Lakes is going to really take off but right now, sales are moving slowly out there. Vick
I was the client - and Vicki was wonderful!!!!! Twin lakes is not in Carey, it is in Morrisville. Morrisville is NOTHING like Carey. IMO the Twin Lakes' homes are VERY nice BUT literally built 6 feet apart from each other - I asked the sales rep. There are NO trees - the developer cleared the whole lot. It looks like very attratice track houses sitting in the middle of a football field. Plus there is an airplane flying overhead every few minutes. It wasn't for me - but that is just me.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:24 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Took some clients out to Twin Creeks this past Monday. The townhouses are really moving slowly and the builder is offering incentives to the tune of about $18,000 PLUS giving buyers $10,000 to Room to Go. I also heard the houses have incentives. The onsite sales person said they range from about $10,000 to $30,000. I have a feeling when spring rolls around, Twin Lakes is going to really take off but right now, sales are moving slowly out there. Vick
I was the client - and Vicki was wonderful!!!!! Twin lakes is not in Carey, it is in Morrisville. Morrisville is NOTHING like Carey. IMO the Twin Lakes' homes are VERY nice BUT literally built 6 feet apart from each other - I asked the sales rep. There are NO trees - the developer cleared the whole lot. It looks like very attratice track houses sitting in the middle of a football field. Plus there is an airplane flying overhead every few minutes. It wasn't for me - but that is just me.
Awww, Bell, you are the bestest!!! We have a mutual admiration society going on!

By the way...taking some clients out to Twin Lakes today to write up an offer on one of the single family homes. We have been told (in confidence, of course) that we can get $75,000 off the price! I KNOW one of the other agents in my office got $69,000 off for her clients. So...and this is between us, guys, the homes that are in inventory are ready to go!

Vicki

Old 12-08-2006, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,986 times
Twin Lakes has the best location however the upgrade prices are ridiculous and they charge everything literally. So you might want to check out the price of the upgrades before you sign a contract!! Just a suggesstion.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:05 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal2006 View Post
Twin Lakes has the best location however the upgrade prices are ridiculous and they charge everything literally. So you might want to check out the price of the upgrades before you sign a contract!! Just a suggesstion.
Its pretty obvious that they take a typical option and just double or triple the price!!! For instance...go to a home store and buy a garage door opener for a mere $300. With KB Homes, you can expect to pay at least $600. Now some will say its a convenience to pay for KB to do it and have it there when you move in. I've also had clients say they'd rather just add it to their 30 year mortgage instead of having to pay cash out of pocket. So...its good to KNOW but then you have to decide for yourself. But then...isn't that just LIFE? Vicki

Old 05-06-2007, 03:04 PM

2 posts, read 17,578 times
Default Martha Stewart Homes

Gotta say I was unimpressed. Went through all of the models and didn't see one that felt right to me. Granted I don't like your typical formal, stuffy house. One thing that stuck out in my mind was the glass pantry door - albeit it was designed that way so the homeowner will keep it neat, but come on!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:48 PM

959 posts, read 4,493,817 times
My pantry is neat, but I still wouldn't want to look at it I hope that's an option and not by default.

I also went out to look at a home in Twin Lakes and it was waaay too barren for us. I'm sure it will look beautiful in several years when all the trees have come up, but I'm of the impatient sort The really sad thing is our realtor told us that they tore down some of the most beautiful scenery in the area

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusso31 View Post
Gotta say I was unimpressed. Went through all of the models and didn't see one that felt right to me. Granted I don't like your typical formal, stuffy house. One thing that stuck out in my mind was the glass pantry door - albeit it was designed that way so the homeowner will keep it neat, but come on!

Old 06-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Heg

1 posts, read 3,693 times
Hi there!

We're from Long Island too and moving to Twin Lakes right around the block from you!! We put our deposit down last week, and hope we're going to be alright with the air traffic noise as well. But it seemed to be the most sq. footage for the money. Greatschools.org rated Cedar Fork w/ a 10 out of 10. I was trying for Davis Drive, but it wasn't going to happen. We have three children, and are nervous about whether or not that particular community is going to have enough children in it. We tried getting lot 81 in Easthampton, but the salesman told us they are making the rest of Easthampton ranches only in order to compete with a 55+ community down the road. This kind of makes me nervous, b/c I was really hoping to find friends for myself and my children since we are leaving everyone here on L.I. ANJ, feel free to email me, we can meet up down there and have playdates!!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:21 PM

709 posts, read 935,436 times
Why would you buy a new england style home down in north carolina.?

Old 06-02-2007, 10:28 AM

460 posts, read 2,422,242 times
I am not building another home anytime soon. We built new in 2002 and it took almost a year and then another year to work out the bugs.
I am not new to new home building so I think I have had enough. I want a house about 6 years old that has all the bugs worked out and the upgrades added. The martha homes were disappointing to me. The lack of room for my formal dining room suit was just the big killer.
Bruce Karatz FACTOID was the husband of Sandra (Semi Homemade aka SLOP) Lee from Food Network. When he signed with Martha that must have really ticked her off and then they got divorced.
IMHO you cannot take mansions and shrink them to 3000 sq ft. It is insulting.
I know this houses can be trendy and then in years to come they become less trendy. I am going to go with a nice brick home with some decent architecture and lots of amentities. If ANYONE knows of a home like this about 2400-3000 sq ft and I need at least .33 on the land please send me an IM. We are downsizing and I want something comfy. Sorry no realtors! I have a wonderful one, I am looking to hear from principals.
I admire those who are building because you have more optimism than I do.

Martha homes did not impress me and I don't want a cookie cutter home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary