Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:56 PM

30 posts, read 118,847 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a community with homes under $300-350k max with good construction, at least 4 bedrooms and at least a two car garage. I remember seeing an ad for a community with a huge pool area/water park with slides and I think something else. Not sure if its built yet. The must haves are a community pool, walking trails, and if possible a floorplan with a master on the main level. Also, what would the commute be like to the Brier Creek area in NW Raleigh?

I'm hoping to bring someone down to see what's available in the area in a week or two. Is there much in the way of shopping in Fuquay? The nearest mall would be Crabtree, correct?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepswimming View Post
I remember seeing an ad for a community with a huge pool area/water park with slides and I think something else. Not sure if its built yet.
Perhaps Sunset Oaks? Zoom in using satellite view on this address.

100 Marsh Landing Drive, Holly Springs, NC 27540

Quote:
Also, what would the commute be like to the Brier Creek area in NW Raleigh?
Terrible!

Quote:
Is there much in the way of shopping in Fuquay? The nearest mall would be Crabtree, correct?
There is if your idea of shopping is Kohls and Home Depot. Cary's Crossroads mall would be closer, but it is not a traditional indoor mall.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:41 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,241,019 times
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a community with homes under $300-350k max with good construction, at least 4 bedrooms and at least a two car garage. I remember seeing an ad for a community with a huge pool area/water park with slides and I think something else. Not sure if its built yet. The must haves are a community pool, walking trails, and if possible a floorplan with a master on the main level. Also, what would the commute be like to the Brier Creek area in NW Raleigh?

I'm hoping to bring someone down to see what's available in the area in a week or two. Is there much in the way of shopping in Fuquay? The nearest mall would be Crabtree, correct?

Thanks!
12 Oaks in Holly Springs has a few tract homes within that price point. Woodcreek also has a pool. 540 is now open and it would take around 20 minutes to get to Brier Creek. Keep in mind that portion of 540 is a toll road.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
12 Oaks in Holly Springs has a few tract homes within that price point. Woodcreek also has a pool. 540 is now open and it would take around 20 minutes to get to Brier Creek. Keep in mind that portion of 540 is a toll road.
You must drive fast. Google Maps shows the trip at 25 miles. I'd budget a bit more than 20 minutes - probably closer to 30 minutes. And that assumes traffic doesn't pick up as they extend NC 540 toward Clayton, of course.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 PM

9,780 posts, read 15,797,090 times
Quote:
I remember seeing an ad for a community with a huge pool area/water park with slides and I think something else. Not sure if its built yet.
There's a community in Chapel Hill (Chatham County) called Briar Chapel that has a huge pool with slides and sprays. Not sure if that's what you're thinking of.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 AM

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:28 PM

188 posts, read 1,144,686 times
South Lakes in Fuquay has a pool with water slide. Also plans for another pool to be built in the near future.

South Lakes New Homes, Fuquay-Vaina NC > Community

Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 AM

Also looking at knightdale, does anyone have any info on the area on good developments? I went to check it out and it seems to be an easier commute.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM

188 posts, read 1,144,686 times
The commute to Brier Creek from Fuquay isn't so bad now that 540 is open. I've taken that route several times to Durham (further away) and gotten there in about a half hour. I would think that Knightdale wouldn't be any closer.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,294 times
Can someone give me some idea on life in Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina,or Apex. I have two young kids (ages 5 and 2) and I am looking for good schools and kid friendly communities. I Was looking into Parker pointe, South lakes in Fuquay and Holly Glen in Holly Springs ($250,000 max). I see that some homes are for sale while there is still construction , I was wondering if homeowners are not happy with their purchases.
Thank you in advance for your responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary