Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:48 AM

156 posts, read 303,625 times

Advertisements

Well he isn't big yet, he will be about 70-80 lbs. sometimes Twingles good things fall into your lap and you have to just go with it! That's exactly what happened with our Apollo. A friend of a friend had a new litter of the blue nose babies. Someone purchased our pup for a large amount of money and then later brought him back asking not for his money back but just to find him a good home. We got a phone call and said if we want him, come get him! He is a gorgeous honey color with blue eyes. He is intelligent, loyal, and loving. I would not change it for the world. I am learning a lot having this little love. He is now apart of the family, and will go where I go.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
So far you've called a 10 week old puppy gentle, obedient, intelligent, loyal and loving. I'm not being mean here, but you are really jumping to conclusions. You know nothing about how this dog will behave in 8 months. He's still a newborn.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:52 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
One problem with pit bulls is that their 'dog-aggression' genes kick in about 9 months of age. A puppy may be sweet, but they are totally unpredictable as adults. I have heard too many stories about pits attacking children, turning on their owners, etc, such that I don't trust any of them. It is not just discrimination against the breed, it is statistical fact that pits are responsible for a disproportionate number of attacks on humans.
There is a lot of hype, misinformation and just bad journalism in the reporting of "pit bull incidents". Here is a recent report regarding Denver's decades-long pit bull ban and a comparison of dog bites, etc compared to other cities.
http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil...Aug%202013.pdf

Old 08-07-2013, 03:41 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
So far you've called a 10 week old puppy gentle, obedient, intelligent, loyal and loving. I'm not being mean here, but you are really jumping to conclusions. You know nothing about how this dog will behave in 8 months. He's still a newborn.
LOL I have to agree - as someone who adopted an 8 week old puppy 4 months ago. He's a great dog, but he's a puppy, and a breed that most people love (black lab). I've never owned a dog before and if you haven't either you're in for a surprise. You're also giving your dog human characteristics...not good.

As I type my puppy is having his way with my husband's shoe. Oh well. Later it will be the bathmats. I'm surprised landlords allow any dogs at all.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 PM

875 posts, read 1,161,866 times
I don't think it has as much to do with breed as it does size and weight. I've lived in places where the max weight of a dog was limited to under 50 pounds.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:57 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,623,784 times
Try camden living apartments, they allowed me with my german shepherd. Not sure about bullys though, good luck!!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:03 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,353,806 times
Wow - this thread seems to have been hijacked and turned into an anti-breed diatribe. When I was young, my family had a small poodle. Meanest dog I've ever known. Thank goodness it wasn't larger or it would have probably killed 1/2 of the US population. Shortly after I married my wife, we found a 4-month old stray after an ice storm. We took it to the vet, who informed us the dog was a pit bull mix. My first reaction was "we can't keep it". I'm so happy I relented on that position, as she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever know. I guess that is just a long-winded way of saying that the breed is less important than the dog and the owner.

Nina, pit bull mix, who died of cancer that had spread into her lungs 3 months after this picture was taken

Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 AM

527 posts, read 686,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Wow - this thread seems to have been hijacked and turned into an anti-breed diatribe. When I was young, my family had a small poodle. Meanest dog I've ever known. Thank goodness it wasn't larger or it would have probably killed 1/2 of the US population. Shortly after I married my wife, we found a 4-month old stray after an ice storm. We took it to the vet, who informed us the dog was a pit bull mix. My first reaction was "we can't keep it". I'm so happy I relented on that position, as she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever know. I guess that is just a long-winded way of saying that the breed is less important than the dog and the owner.

Nina, pit bull mix, who died of cancer that had spread into her lungs 3 months after this picture was taken
I have to agree. Geez, poor guy just wants to know where he can move with his dog, not get bashed on his choice of canine companion.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:34 PM

Thank you to all who have been helpful in responding to my original post and shame on those who shown nothing but judgement and ignorance. ! So sorry RFB, that's a sad story. Your dog was beautiful. I had a yorkie who passed way a few years ago and she attacked everyone! She wasn't socialized when she was young and had a fear of everyone but our family!
I know many people with well behaved dogs and many with badly behaved dogs. I can honestly say the breed and/or size doesn't even matter!
I do not agree tht I'm giving my dog human characteristics. Are animals not loyal to their owners? Are some intelligent and others not so much? At 11 weeks, my dog has learned a ton and in my opinion, I'm impressed.
I'm going to also look into Camden apartments. Thank you Vinny536.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 PM

Thanks for sharing that article don6170
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary