Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 04:52 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,598,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Acorns for free...all you want. You rake
I bought this and it's life-changing. It also picks up sweetgum balls.

Weasel Nut Gatherer | Garden Weasel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 10:26 PM

272 posts, read 380,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
...any random thought you get while out and about in the Triangle or anywhere for that matter — that's Triangle specific, but not necessarily "worthy" its own thread — post it in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start...

So there really are parts of Cary that are kinda sketchy, and a few communities inhabited by working class and working poor folks. Who woulda thunk it?!
In the 80's and 90's, you rarely saw anyone in Cary below UPPER-middle class income. Some sections of Cary, as well as many other metro Raleigh neighborhoods have changed.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:09 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,926,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post

I thought about those. The handle is a little short for me, and I wondered how durable one would be. I have a bumper crop of acorns this year...I'm talking truck loads. The tool would really get a heavy workout.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:09 PM

Saw Michael Peterson at the Fair today with another woman...a suicidal woman

Old 10-17-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I thought about those. The handle is a little short for me, and I wondered how durable one would be. I have a bumper crop of acorns this year...I'm talking truck loads. The tool would really get a heavy workout.
I think pretty durable! The handle is pretty solid, so I think you could tape an extension. The acorns fly in there without really any pressure at all - the sweetgum balls need more pressure and sometimes get stuck but it's so much better than raking.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I think pretty durable! The handle is pretty solid, so I think you could tape an extension. The acorns fly in there without really any pressure at all - the sweetgum balls need more pressure and sometimes get stuck but it's so much better than raking.
I picked up one of these last night from Lowes. It did look sturdy and durable, plus the handle was longer than I thought it would be. I gave it a run last night in the dark when I got home and was surprised to see how quickly it filled the basket to almost half full. I think between the Weasel and the squirrels and just might keep up now. I'm going to pick up another one for my mom later today. Good deal NorasMom

Old 10-19-2014, 12:52 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,372 times
Quote:

Also looks handy for choosing ping-pong balls for bingo in the off season !

Old 10-19-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I picked up one of these last night from Lowes. It did look sturdy and durable, plus the handle was longer than I thought it would be. I gave it a run last night in the dark when I got home and was surprised to see how quickly it filled the basket to almost half full. I think between the Weasel and the squirrels and just might keep up now. I'm going to pick up another one for my mom later today. Good deal NorasMom
Glad it's working for you! I am wondering where it's been all my life. My huge yard in Wilmington was filled with acorns and sweetgum balls - my dog gets really sick from eating acorns, and she's obsessed with them

Old 10-19-2014, 05:54 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
I cut 2 big ones down 2 years ago and I am very happy for the 2nd time this year!

by the way - is it biennial, or biannual? I think the first - the bumper crops come every other year.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:08 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,498,334 times
Anyone know if the Colonial Village at Woodlake is a good/decent apartment complex? It's off of E Woodcroft, near Fayetteville Rd and near Southpoint mall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary