Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2007, 02:46 PM

49 posts, read 159,811 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a Greek market that would have Greek food items or a good cheese shop or store? I live in Clayton but would be willing to go to Durham if need be. I am looking for Greek cheeses specifically so even a really good cheese shop that carries alot of cheese from different places might work. Thanks

Mumded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 PM

266 posts, read 590,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumded View Post
Does anyone know of a Greek market that would have Greek food items or a good cheese shop or store? I live in Clayton but would be willing to go to Durham if need be. I am looking for Greek cheeses specifically so even a really good cheese shop that carries alot of cheese from different places might work. Thanks

Mumded
Caspian market on Brentwood and Capital Blvd offers items you would find in Central/Eastern Europe and from former Soviet republics such as Georgia, Ukraine, etc. I know the owners and they're very nice people.

Greek wines and other foods are there too.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:51 PM

149 posts, read 283,961 times
There is a greek deli and wine shop on 15/501 near University Mall in Chapel Hill in a little run of shops with a comic store, chinese grocery store, bridal shop set back a little from the main road. Some lovely stuff in there.
HTH

Old 11-30-2007, 07:00 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumded View Post

Mumded
Mumded: Have you tried the Neomonde Bakery and Deli at 3817 Beryl Road in Raleigh? We have eaten there a number of times and they have an excellent choice of mediterranean, middle and near east cuisine. From what I gathered while living in Raleigh the Greek restaurants and food stores are up in Durham.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 PM

445 posts, read 1,859,195 times
Fresh Market normally carries Kasseri cheese. Lowes Foods seems to have greatly improved their cheese selection - at least in North Raleigh, so you may want to give them a try. Plus I'm pretty sure they can order a special cheese for you - so will Harris Teeter.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:01 PM

49 posts, read 159,811 times
Smile Thank you

Thank you all!

Mumded

Old 12-04-2007, 03:08 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,693,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommapudding View Post
There is a greek deli and wine shop on 15/501 near University Mall in Chapel Hill in a little run of shops with a comic store, chinese grocery store, bridal shop set back a little from the main road. Some lovely stuff in there.
HTH
Mariakakis

Old 12-07-2007, 12:55 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,969,727 times
There is also another Neomonde on Hwy 54. I think it is in Morrisville, its between 540 and Airport Blvd.

The various Fresh Market locations are also good to try. If one of them does not have what you want, ask them to check the other stores... sometimes they carry different cheese selections.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:28 PM

36 posts, read 183,539 times
Yes, check out Neomonde on Hwy 54 in Morrisville. They have a big cheese case and I know I've seen haloumi there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary